Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement type 161

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pl explain the concept of mvt 161.

I created a Po and have put the tick in Returns, but when I do MIGO system is giving error message deficit in qty.

I read the sap help on this and did what is written there.

pl guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The movement type 161 is proposed by system for the PO line items with returns flag. This movement type reduces the stock from the storage location. So here in your case, you need to check the availability of stock to be returned to vendor.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member627351
Contributor

Hi Anitha,

Movement type 161 is about Returns for PO

The reasons for returns to vendor and store returns include:

Goods remain at the end of a promotion

Goods remain at the end of a season

The vendor asks for the merchandise to be returned

Goods have to be returned/destroyed because they are spoiled, broken or of inferior

quality

Articles are being discontinued

The merchandise involves empties or returnable transport packaging

Features:

We can mark articles to be returned when you are entering an item in a purchase order by selecting the R indicator (returns item) on the item overview screen of the purchase order.

Returns order items can be entered in a purchase order alongside other order items. This enables you to order goods from and return goods to a vendor in the same purchase order.

Returns to vendor can be managed completely on the procurement side: They leave the site at the receiving dock (i.e. when the vendor makes a delivery) and the relevant items are handled as negative values in Invoice Verification.

This process of PO GR and Invoice verification would be reversed with the mvt type 161

And this reduces the stock in the inventory

please check the input information as welll as the initial stock given as i was able to do the process

Any other clarification rewuired do send a message will get

back

If this information served your purpose do reward accordingly

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Edited by: venkata pavankumar on Jun 11, 2008 8:19 PM

Former Member

Hi,

generally this mvt type 161 is used in case of returns

Returns to vendor and store returns (returns from plant to plant, or for SAP Retail site to site) can be necessary for the following reasons.

Goods remain at the end of a promotion

Goods remain at the end of a season

The vendor asks for the merchandise to be returned

Goods have to be returned/destroyed because they are spoiled, broken or of inferior quality

Returning discontinued articles to the vendor.

The merchandise involves empties or returnable transport packaging

Features

You can mark articles to be returned when you are entering an item in a purchase order by selecting the R indicator (returns item) on the item overview screen of the purchase order.

Returns order items can be entered in a purchase order alongside other order items. This enables you to order goods from and return goods to a vendor in the same purchase order.

Returns to vendor can be managed completely on the procurement side: They leave the site at the receiving dock (i.e. when the vendor makes a delivery) and the relevant items are handled as negative values in Invoice Verification.

Activities

If you require shipping documents or freight lists for the return, you also have the option of using the shipping processing functionality.

•If a purchase order item is marked as a returns item, the returns to vendor are posted using movement type 161 when the goods receipt for purchase order is posted.

•Movement type 161 has the same effects as mvt type 122.

return indicator is marked in PO

when u r sure that some materials are beeing returned on the goods receipt u use to tick the return indicator in nthe po.

other wise u will do 122.separatly after GR, when the material is beeing sent

Regards,

Archit

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Movement Type "161" is used for returning Materials to Vendors w.r.t. Purchase Order. It works in similar fashion as movement Type "121".

Basically, Returns PO is used if you want to return several materials to vendor and you don not know the exact GR doc against which you have to return the material so you create a PO with returns indicator as active and Do GR w.r.t. this PO as a result stock of materials get reduced from system. and following FI entry gets generated;

Stock A/c Cr

GR/IR Clrng Dr

And w.r.t. this Return PO then you create Credit Memo in MIRO to Credit Vendor and Debit GR/IT Clearing A/c.