cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit control during for order type with immediate delivery ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in Problem in Credit control.

I have a customer having credit limit 100 EUR

I am creating sales order with immediate delivery and have created settings, this delivery (not order) to be blocked... Order type is with immediate delivery...

When entering an order (with immediate delivery) e.g. 110 EUR, the system does not block the delivery (status A). However, the following order (with immediate delivery) is blocked correctly!!!

However I expected also the first one to be blocked, since it exceeded the credit limit 110>100...

If working with another order type, which is NOT with immediate delivery, there is no problem... The delivery is blocked correctly the first time because 110>100!!!

Is this standard SAP or is there a customizing option I am missing???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

pl check the followings

1. wheathe u have assigned the cheking group to document type for immediate del in the tcode OVAK.

2. in the doc type for immediate del the credit check should be D(automatic credit check)

3. in the item category of the imm doc pl activate credit check

4. go to OVA8, check the entries of credit control area, risk category and the credit group u have assigned to the dot type

expecting rewards.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not the case... Please let me restate in detail:

we have customized a risk category, which performs the block on delivery level. It works fine when we save sales order first and then save delivery, but it does not work properly when the sales order has as a setting "Immediate delivery" (TVAK-LISOF = "X"). The problem is observed during the entry of a sales order (with immediate delivery indicator) and the value of this sales order exceeds FOR THE FIRST TIME the credit limit, then the delivery is not blocked as it should have.

All other deliveries (after this delivery is posted) are blocked of

course, which is correct. If we enter a sales order without immediate delivery, then the delivery is blocked at the time that the value of the first sales order entered exceeds the credit limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have maitained any tolerance limit or seasonal factors.... in OVA8 configuration...

Regards

sankar