Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with the approval process in BADI.

When a SC it has 2 approval steps

1. Buyer is required to enter an appropriate vendor and the approve the SC

2. Manager approves the SC

The following scenario works correctly

1. Buyer enters a vendor and approved the SC

2. Manager then is sent SC to approve

My issue

1. Buyer approves the SC and doesn't enter a vendor, the vendor is a required field and the SC is returned to the Buyer to enter the vendor

2. Buyer approves the SC and enters a vendor

3. The manager doesn't recieve the SC to approve, the approval step is lost some how......

Any ideas

Regards

J-J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

There was some dodgy code in the BAdI, which wasn't written by me I'd like to add. When creating the approvers, it didn't take into account the actual_approval_index

J-J

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply, the actual checking that the vendor is present is carried out in the workflow.

The workflow being used is based on WF WS14000134, this issue is around node156. After the approver saves the item, without a vendor the WF will not progress.

Regards

J-J

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the standard is not used? I couldn't look at anything because I don't have access to a SRM system at this time. But if the check is done in the workflow I expect there is a problem in the logic which screws up the approval level or something.

Regards,

Martin

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is a bit more info that may help ...

when the SC is created there are 3 approvers in the approver list

2 level 1 approvers and 1 level 2 approver.

After one of the level 1 approvers (Buyer) selects approve without entering a vendor .... the buyer approval is still outstanding (WS14000134)

Now there are only 2 approvers in the approver list all at level 1, level 2 approval has been disappered from the approver list. ID has been populated in the approver list

Regards

J-J

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Badi. Although I think it is a misuse of the Badi to make sure all the details in the SC are completed, but it could work. Problem probably lies in the approval levels. Test the Badi with the shopping cart after the buyer has approved without adding the vendor, check if the approval table is correct. Then do the same after he approved again with an added vendor. I think there is an error in the logic.

Regards,

Martin

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are combining two concepts here. Incomplete SC submitted to buyer for completing the doc and he actaully saves it and the actual approval starts. Activate you BADI WF along with WS14000044.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a validation through check BADI, if the approver is Buyer then generate a error message if the vendor is empty.

This way system will force the buyer to enter vendor before approving the shopping cart.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Sreedhar Vetcha