cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service deploy in ECC or in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am bit confused on deployment of Web services. I found that we can deploy BAPI/RFC in ECC using wsadmin or soamanager. This means Can i access this web service from third party system with out using XI.

But, i heard this is obsolete now and we should XI for this.

This means Do i need to create scenario in XI as SOAP-RFC..where RFC on ECC and expose this interface as web service in XI using RFC adapter..

what is the best way, and how can i deploy BAPi as web service.... If I deploy it on ECC what is use of XI in this case.

Can i call this BAPI deployed WS from Java system.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

1) Yes the BAPI/RFC function modules can all be exposed as Webservices from the backend R/3 itself and we do not need XI to create a webservice.

But the whole concept of ESOA is to centrally store all the services in the Enterprise Service Repository which is nothing but our XI.

Consider the following example.

YOur landscape has multiple systems and each system offers different services.

The ESOA concept aims at the making all these services exposed to the web via XI.

So, what we have to do is to import the BAPI/RFC into the IR.

CReate a message interface and generate a WSDL from ID.

This way all the BAPIS will be exposed as Webservices to the external world via XI only.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you very much.. I am vrey happy to see your views,

Now i can proceed further.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

when there is a integration of client system and third party system its always better to have a "Middleware-based integration".

because this will help you to ......

Standardize on the technology integration layer that would be used for connectivity between all systems.

Eliminate the need for "point-to-point" connectivity between systems

Achieve a central monitoring of message flow, instead of having to monitor several systems.

uesful link....

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1242951,00.html

cheers

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can always generate the wsdl from bapi by going to the link mentioned below and can invoke the WS from any other Web System. It will behave like normal web service.

Link to generate the wsdl:

http://<ECCserver>:<port>/sap/bc/soap/wsdl11?services=<FunctionName>&sap-client=<client>;

You can save the wsdl and use in in your client to invoke this. There is no need of XI in this case.

Howsoever as best practice, to achieve ESOA the webservices should be located at central location(XI) and should be invoked from there.

Reward points if this answers your question and helpful.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes definately you have to make the scenario of SOAP to RFC/BAPI with XI.

Even though you can explore the RFC as Webservice it will be based on the Web Application installed with the R/3. As per the integration processes with various system it is preferred to have communciation via XI/PI.

In the Composite environment, we need to integrate the third party systems via XI only.

Exploring the RFC as Web service without XI is supposed to be avoided due to the inconsistancy as well as reliability of data transition.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

It will be great if you give your views on this.

Thanks in advance,

Sreenivasa