cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Receiver Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where I have a message mapping that populates a JDBC insert statement. Basically this is just a message interface that gets sent through to a JDBC receiver adaptor.

Now, there are multiple databases sitting on the WAN. This message interface could be sent through to any of the the multiple databases. So the only difference in the receiver agreement would be the actual communication channel being used (i.e. the communication channel created for each of the different databases).

Now at the time of the message mapping, I know which communication channel to use. Would I be able to change the communication channel being used in the 1 receiver agreement, to which ever communication channel I want?

This would then allow me to have multiple communication channels (1 for each of the databases), but only have 1 receiver agreement.

Thanks,

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use JDBC Lookup inside message mapping, if the communication channel is known to you .No need of receiver agreement also....

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enhanced Receiver Determination

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You must have as many reciever agreements as channel.

You Cant hae dynamic receiver agreement.

What you can do is you can go for conditional reciever determination.

In This you can give a condtion(at run time) and then based on that condition your target system will get selected.

hence only that particular channel(corresponding to the target selected by the condition) will get executed.

This condtion you can specify in the reciever determination.

rewards points if useful.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least for PI 7.0 and prior version, this dynamic receiver agreement seems to be impossible.

But for PI7.1, there are new features introduced, there might be possiblity.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your scenario can be done using enhanced receiver determination, but you will have multiple receiver agreements and communication channels.

regards

Sameer

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cardinality of Receiver Comm Channel and Receiver agreement is 1:1

So for every Comm channel you have created for Receiver , You should create as many as Receiver Agreement.

But Dynamic Receiver can be identified by using either Conditional Receiver Determination or Enhanced Receiver Determination.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

Enhanced Receiver Determination https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/enhancedReceiverDeterminationinSAP+XI&

Multiple receiver

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Dynamic Receiver Determination

/people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/15/using-dynamic-receiver-determination-with-sync-interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it's not possible to have dynamic receiver agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have different communication channel created for each of the receiver, then you will have to create those many receiver agreements... as communication channel is mandatory in receiver agreement.

if your receivers are conditional then you specify them in receiver determination by mentioning X-path in it