cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add BOM information to location specific CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two DP PPMs for same output product P1 but for two different locations L1 and L2

Suppose the PPM names are: DP_P1_L1 and DP_P1_L2

I have two combinations in my MPOS

P1 - L1

P1 - L2

When I add BOM information for the respective planning object structure, I want the PPM to be associated to the combinations based on locations. But the system is generating 4 new combinations after deleting these two old ones. The new CVCs are:

P1 - L1 - DP_P1_L1

P1 - L2 - DP_P1_L1

P1 - L1 - DP_P1_L2

P1 - L2 - DP_P1_L2

As you can see that second and third combinations are totally wrong.

What can I do to associate the right PPM to right location specifc combinations.

Please note that I am already putting the required Planning and Production location in both PPMs (L1 for DP_P1_L1 and L2 for DP_P1_L2)

Expecting some quick and helpful replies on this issue.

Cheers!

Rimjhim Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might need to explore the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER to make sure right combinations are getting created. This BADI will make sure additional checks are done at CVC creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas for your reply, I checked the BADI and maybe a workaround is possible by putting additional checks through this BADI. But I am still not convinced that this will be the best solution

Is this a normal system behavior - to assign the PPMs irrespective of location?

It looks logically incorrect. If there is a Note anyone is aware of, I'll be grateful if you could pass my more information on it.

Regards,

Rimjhim