cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM: Transaction QA13 -> Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

In QA13, after entering the Inspection Lot, you will see the characteristics tab. In the said tab, there's a table control that has a "Specifications" column in the table control.

With these, I have two questions:

(1) I would like to know if there's a table-field that hold the value of the said field "Specifications"?

(2) If there's no available table-field that holds the said value, is there an FM / BAPI that retrieves the said value?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll find regular specs in the table QAMV. Usually the ones you want will be in the fields TOLERANZUN (lower) and TOLERANZOB (upper).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The problem here is that the said field is not found in table QAMV. However, it seems that the said value is dependent from the field CodeGrp/SelSet (QAMV-AUSWMENGE1 ) since I also found the value of "Specification" in transaction QP03 (Dsplay Inspection Lot Catalog).

To be exact, It seems that the field that I need -"Specification"-is the text assigned to CodeGrp/SelSet (QAMV-AUSWMENGE1). However, it is nowhere to be found in the table QAMV.

Do you guys think I can find it in another table? Or probably use a FM / BAPI to extract the field/text that I need?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brando Braganza ..,

qamv-kurztext, " Short Text for the Inspection Characteristic.

qpmk-stellen, " Decimal Places

qpmk-TOLERANZOB, " Upper Tolerance Limit

qpmk-TOLERANZUN, " Lower Tolerance Limit

qpmk-MASSEINHSW, " Unit of measure

if you need any inforamtion comeback.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jagadish,

Thanks for your reply.

I just noticed that specifications are stored is QAMV/PLMK for those having limits (TOLERANZOB and TOLERANZUN). If there is no limits, then texts as "Mischfarben / Secondary colors" are printed. I need to get this text. Unfortunately, this is not available in table QAMV/PLMK.

I'm thinking that I need to use an FM that will retrieve the text since it's nowhere to be found on the said tables. Do you guys have an FM in mind?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QAMV the specs are found. As you know there is no "text" allowed in inspection characteristics. You must use catalogs and selected sets. Because of this, you'll find the selected set listed in the QAMV. You must then goto those selected set tables for the values. As you are aware, a qualitative mic has no spec. The allowed values are defined in the selected set assigned.

I'm not in front of a system right now so I can't look them up for you. But if you do a search for all Q* tables in the system you should be able to find them. There are about 275 or so Q tables so make sure you don't limit the list to just the standard 200.

Just so others understand, when you try to display QAMV table in SE16 there are more fields then can be displayed at one time. The system by default selects the first 40 fields. To see the remaining fields available you must scroll the list. To get them to display you must uncheck some fields that are checked by the system and select the ones you want. Those fields containing the specs are towards the very end of the list of fields. You can also be limited by the width of the display. 250 characters I think. So you need to be careful about what your selecting and how your displaying it when looking at tables with many fields.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help craig. I found it in table QPAM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help guys!

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad we could help!

BTW: Some folks will reference the PLMO and PLMK tables to get the specs from the inspection plans. These should contain specs as well and in some cases will work fine.

The problem with using the plan specifications is that the specs might change. So what the spec was last month is not the spec this month. If your running reports where you want to see the current spec, then you probably want those tables. If your always using plan versions when making spec changes, you'll be able to get the right ones ok. But many, many companies don't use version control in their inspection plans.

By using the QAMV table your reporting the spec that was in force at the time of the inspection. If your spec changed, the values in QAMV will NOT change. This is one of the reasons SAP does not update existing specs when you make changes to a plan. It would require them to update records in the QAMV table for currently open inspection lots. (Which BTW shouldn't be to difficult of a program to write if someone wanted that capability).

So a lot of which tables you use depend on what type of report your planning on producing and what it is used for.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, thanks for the added information.