cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Local Search VS Named Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the difference bt'n Named search Vs Local search?

In which scenario will go for these searches... Are local and named searches are applicable for all the users ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

Named searches and the local search are almost same but differance is that Named searches saved in the lookup table Named search as a separate entity sothat you can add the named search as a constraint on a perticular role in the MDM Console.

MDM supports 400 named searches per repository.Both are dynamic in nature.

Say for example: If you are maintaining the records of two diffrent companies A and B employees in your repository and you want to give the authorization like UserA can have access only the record of Compny A and UserB can have access the record of Compny B.

In this situation, create 2 named searches as per the search crieteria for Company A and B.

you can create the two diffrent role (RoleA and RoleB) in MDM Console.you can go to the tab tables and functions, ther you can find the table as named search and set the named search for the Role A and Role B accordingly.

And assign these role to the user UserA and UserB accordingly.

When you login into the data Manager by using UserA then you will find the employee record of company A and for the UserB, you will find the all record for the company B.

the above example you can do by using Mask also but Masks are static in Nature.

If you add a new record for the company A then that record will not incluse in the mask but as you know the Named searches are dynamic in nature.It automatically add those records in it as per the search crieteria.

Local Search will be available only for the current session i.e. once you close and reopen your data manager your local search will no longer be available.

It will remains in the repository not for a perticular user but for all users of the repository.

Local Search in the Data Manager are local for use.

I hope this will clear your doubt and helpful for you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Saurabh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Local Search will be available only for the current session i.e. once you close and reopen your data manager your local search will no longer be available.

Named Searches are to be created first in the Named Search table then you can set some search criteria and save the search as Named Search. This named search will be accessible through out irrespective of sessions. Also say if new records are added in the repository then those records which satisfy the search criteria defined for the named search will automatically added into that search thats why named search is also known as DYNAMIC.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I tried this once you close and reopen the DM local search will be available.

Also say if new records are added in the repository then those records which satisfy the search criteria defined for the named search will automatically added into that search thats why named search is also known as DYNAMIC.

I have tried this ,Its working for Local search the same way as the Named search.

Edited by: priya katragadda on Jun 11, 2008 5:00 PM