cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Distribution in Shopping Cart for different account assignment type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We are at SRM Server 5.5 at level SAPKIBKT07. Business scenario is extended classic.

User is creating a shopping cart with single line item and distributing the cost to multiple account assignments (say Cost Center and Order). Shopping cart has a valid source of supply. System creates a PO in SRM and tryu2019s to replicate the PO in ECC backend, however fails to replicate.

My understanding is that in ECC backend it is not possible to combine two different account assignments while distributing cost at item details.

Solution would be to create separate line items for different account assignments (distribute between similar account assignments).

Is my understanding right?

Thanking you in advance,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

How did you fix this issue? Did you use a validating program/badi to stop the user from entering multiple account assignment type for a single item?

I have a similar requirement, so looking for a possible solution to this issue.

Regards,

Ancy

ashwin_mundkur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you check the app. monitors(RZ20) to see if the errors are due to the cost assignment or if there are any other errors which leads to failure?

thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

RZ20 issues error message Purchase Order 4100000309: G/L account 20020 cannot be used (please correct). I guess this is misleading error message. Principally in MM we cannot split cost between multiple account assignments in one line item.

SRM PO is saved but backend PO is not replicated.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Mr Sridhar you are right, in ECC it is not possible to distribute the sigle line item to different account assignment categories (cc&io or so&asset, etc).

But SRM should not allow you to create the shopping cart in such way (distribution among multi account assgnment categories). If your SRMsystem allows this then this will be serious error with your system.

Regards

Jagadheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadheesh,

Indeed I agree with you. Unfortunately SRM accepts multiple account assignments at single line item level. I guess the reason is in SRM we do not have Line item and line item details area like we have for ECC. All information is captured at account assignment tab in SRM.

We might have to build validation while saving the shopping cart to maintain system data integrity.

Thanking you,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your MM/FICO team about the configuration in ECC, if you fix the issue in ECC, then the problem is solved.

Ask them to create a PO in ECC directly with multiple account assignments and check the error.

Normally you can split between multiple assignments in SRM and they transfer to ECC without any problems.

Regards

Sreedhar Vetcha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar,

Thanks for your update.

I am also MM consultant, so as far as MM goes we can only maintain one account assignment type per line item. In MM we have provision of multiple account assignment but it works only for single account assignment type per line item. Which means if account assignment is "k" then we can split between multiple cost centers, but we cannot split between cost center and WBS element in one line item.

You said it is possible to split between multiple account assignments in one line item. Will it be possible for you to try at your end and let me know how PO/PR are created in backend?

Sandeep