cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt in internationalization.is it possible to make an internationalized application specific to our local languages like hindi etc.,?

if so please tell me the solution for this.

Thanks,

M.Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As of now netweaver does not support any indian languages.

Trying with_hi.xlf is also not useful in your case .If netweaver supports the language will appears in the drop down list when you edit the xlf file

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt in internationalization.is it possible to make an internationalized application specific to our local languages like hindi etc.,?

Technically speaking its possible, but how much its possible with SAP netweaver Stack need to be tested, if your application is integrated into the portal you need to be sure that the portal too support this regional languages.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

You can make your application in local languages but not sure of Hindi. I don't think it Hindi is supported by SAP NetWeaver. Meaning, even if you set language to Hindi, you may not get translated string for "Page X of Y" in Table control. Coming to your custom text, it may be possible. Just give a try you would know.

>is it possible to make an internationalized application specific to our local languages like hindi etc.,?

Do you want to have different logic for different languages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

No,I just want to have the same logic for all languages.

I have one more doubt.when we use internationalization in web dynpro,we need to give source language in .xlf file.Is there any option to add our local langauage in that Source language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating .xlf with Hi (stand for hindi) instead of En(English)

Regards

Ayyapparaj