cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Facing Portal or Exposing Internal Portal to the Outside

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read, too numerous to mention, information on implementing an external facing portal. It is a nice set of features and I can see the benefits of using it to minimize the infrastructure (sharing for the internal portal and external website). What I am trying to determine is do I need the extra hardware (documentation shows Customer Portal in Inner DMZ and Corporate Portal in a High Security Area, hence extra firewall separation) and configuration to just expose my corporate portal to my external salesforce and selected B2B Partners?

I want to be able to access order information in my SAP system (order history, order status, place a re-order). Actions that currently are done in SAP via CSRs using the client on their desktop. I want to expose this data over the web for employees (and certain business partners) who are not on our network.

What is the best way?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. If the best way does not exist, then which would be the better way? This cannot be the first time this situation has arisen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't know your rules...

In my company I had to chain an Apache Reverse proxy in a first DMZ and then a SAP Web Dispatcher in a second DMZ before accessing the SAP back office system.

This is not a good or better way: it was our security regulations...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>What is the best way?

The best way does not exist. It all depends from your company specific needs and security rules which we can't know...

Regards,

Olivier