cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich Text editor in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the new FormattedTextView in 2004s one will be able to render xhtml compliant rich test in Webdynpro.

This however only covers the rednering of rich text.

There still does not seem to be a rich text editor control available for webdynpro applications, which I think might be a common requirement for document centric applications.

I was wondering :

1 - will there be a richt text editor control available for WDP in the forseeable future ?

2 - if not, are there any workardounds available to allow for the generation of rich text ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theo,

1 -- definitely, this question should be answered by someone of NW product team

2 -- try this:

a. WD iView used for display of text only

b. There is a portal non-WD iView that is able to show some editor from this list http://www.htmlarea.com/

c. Both WD iView and "editor" iView communicates via portal eventing to pass original / modified (x)HTML

Thoughts?

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Well, I already thought of that kind of solution, but I do not consider it a very clean solution. I know WDP supports portal eventing. On the other side of such a scenario you could even do without a 3rd party wysiwyg editor, cause SAP does offer an html editor control in its set of HTMLB controls.

We intend to use WDP as a UI layer on top of SAPs KM. Our scenario involves template based publishing of structured documents (we first looked at xml forms, but they showed too many limitations). The idea is to model the document structure and content at runtime as WDP context structures (based on xml schemas) and then to serialize WDP context into XML content and metadata, with KM acting as business and persistence layer. Markup and insertion of images into the different text parts of the document however has become an additional requirement, which is why we are looking for a ways to fit that in our current design.

You could indeed think of some kind of data exchange between a regular portal component and the wdp application, but I am not too confident whether that is going to be a reliable solution.

PS : for the serialization of WDP context, your post in a different thread on this forum helped me a lot in my first attempts to create KM documents from data wdp runtime data (context). The link provided to the online book and your little example was very welcome. Thanks for that !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone from the SAP Webdynpro team reading this ?

What are the prospects for having a rich text editor available in Webdynpro ?

What are the workaround options available ? Valery already suggested one, but are there other options available ?

What are the oprtions for embedding a 3rd party HTML editor into a webdynpro applications ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

How to achieve 2-b, 2-c