cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic increment Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to set a field value in certain number range that depand upon some previous value. For example

If Account Group Z001 then number Number Range 10000 to 19999

IF Account Group Z002 then number Number Range 20000 to 29999

I have able to this by Validation but I'll require increment of number automatic.

I have using MDM 5.5.SP5.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through below document on generating remote keys using qualified range:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/807ce1ba-94c0-2a10-a398-afdfd813...

Hope it helps

Cheers

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj ,

Are u trying for Vendor master ? What is u r scenario Central Master data managment or create in R3 then create in MDM ?

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aanad

First time Vendor Master replicated from R3 to MDM and after Implimentation its use as Centre Master Data Mgt.

In both case we require to auto increment of Vendor nu as per Account Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u would like the remote keys to be generated based on a field, I guess u can do this by setting the key as a qualified range. SO u can have a single MDD id for the account number and store remote keys for say R/3 based on any main table lookup field (account group, in this case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

get remote keys for your records created in data manager. For that you must have key mapping field as Yes in console.In console, in the remote systems, you must have key generation set to either range or qualified range.If you want that your key generated should be based on some criteria say you have three account groups as A, B and C. You want that the key generated for records having group A should be ranging from 1 to 100, similarly for B from 101 to 200 and for C from 201 to 300. Then you should select key generation as qualified range and your lookup field should be your account group table. In qualified range field, you have to specify the ranges you want in front of the account groups.

If you want your keys should be generated in a range with no other constraints then you should choose key generation as range and specify the range.

If key generation is none then no keys will be generated for that particular remote system.

Do the same for all the remote systems to which you want to syndicate the records.Then map the remote key fields on source and destination side in syndicator. You can see the generated keys in data manager by right clicking on record and then choosing edit key mapping.

Remeber that you can see the key mapping only after syndicating the records once.Before syndication you can't see the keys even in syndication preview.

Hope this will help,

Will appreciate if you will be able to update on result,

+ An