Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User re-name

Former Member
0 Kudos

after a user re-name i'm losing user personnel settings, user created queries, variants and report formats as well as PO history. i imagine the PO history will not be retained as it's in essence a new user but is there any way to transfer over the user created settings as mentioned above.

RK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware there is no stardard way of doing what you are looking for

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware there is no stardard way of doing what you are looking for

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Alex wrote, there is no way for getting this information/settings transferred. When renaming a user, this is technically a copy with subsequent deletion of the source.

And copying a user more or less copies the data, which is available in SU01, and nothing else.

there is also no functionality planned in the future, as there are too many transactions with individual settings and too many possible holes whcih could be forgotten to close. so this function will never be available from todays view....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

Perhaps a very earnest warning message (and possibly a PRGN_CUST error setting) would be usefull? With a see SAP note xxx or link to an SDN thread... This is not the first one.

I understand that customers should protect themselves, but if the standard system delivers a more intuitive flow to protect unsuspecting people from this, then it would be a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

good idea. I think we can enter a text line in one of the (selection) popups (copy/rename) in SU01 , that application specific settings will not be copied to the new user-ID. Thx, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

just for your information...

SAP Consulting note #1222807 has been created for this question. This note will be available during the next days.

Developement decided, not to change the text in the popups (such changes might cause some problems... for instance for existing BI recordings....).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard,

I have added a reference to this note in our SAP Security Standards, which already prohibits renaming user ID's.

Cheers and thread assumed closed,

Julius

PS: Pity that it cannot be added to the system itself. I tried to explain to one of my non-SAP colleagues that adding some text to a dialog popup function, which calls a screen after successfully calling a check function, can cause some problems for renaming users in background processing. I don't think I did a good job of it though, because he is looking very confused now...