cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL of a Web Server for Internet Transaction Server in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Path: IMG Collaboration Projects Connection to External SystemsObject Links in SAP SystemsMake Settings for Calling an SAP TransactionAlias for the Web Server of an SAP TransactionWeb Server Address

SAP help provided the following information.

u2022 <protocol> ://<webserver>:<port>/<execdir>/<wgateexec>/<service>/!

o <protocol>: Specify HTTP or HTTPS.

o <webserver>: Specify the Web server URL (hostname.domain:port) of your Internet Transaction Server.

o <execdir><wgateexec><service>: You require, for example, the string "scripts/wgate/webgui/!?" in the start URL to call SAP transactions using the Plug-In "WebGui".

We are not using any external ITS for our application. We are using internal ITS server which is provided with the following path:

HTTP://SEALIDES.SEALINFO.COM:8000/SAP/BC/GUI/SAP/ITS

If I use this path for the above said Web Server Address the following error message is coming in the Change Easy Cost Planning (CKECP) link page.

404 Not Found

The web address for this new window is http://sealides.sealinfo.com:8000/scripts/wgate/webgui/!?COAS-AUFNR=000006000020&;OKCODE=UCCOST&TRANSACTION=KO1ECP&~LANGUAGE=EN

I have a couple of doubts regarding the above problem.

Do we really need to install External ITS for this?

How to over come the above said problem without using EXTERNAL ITS?

It is very urgent. So, Please help me in resolving the above problem. I will appreciate your reply and award the same with points.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh. J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

There is no external ITS required from WAS 620 onwards.

Invovle your basis guy in this to check the webserver alias.

Regards,

Reema.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema

Thanks for your reply.

Could you be more specific on Webserver details.

The following info is not available in the ECC.

****/SCRIPTS/WGATE/WEBGUI

What to do for fetting the above said path in ERP side.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Suresh. J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I hav the same problem. Has anybody solved it yet? Or how can I fix it?

Thx for reply!

Tobias

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

you can use this method to get the webserver UI

1. Go to transaction SICF and enter service in hierrachy type.

2. Expand services to: default_host > sap > bc > gui > sap > its

3. Check first whether the "webui" service is active. If not: Aktivate Service and then

If the service is active: Test Service -> a browser windows opensu2026

4. The path of the service is the web server add.

kindly give full points.

Regards,

Jatin

Edited by: Jatin Grover on Nov 11, 2008 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

thanks for the quick reply!

All services for SAP GUI for HTML are running correct. The Problem is, the following:

Defining Object Links in spro with correct RFC-Destination and Web-Server Adress.

Now if I want to open the Object Link within cProjects the Link is generated somewhere with a wrog extension. The link calls with its extension a stand alone ITS and not the internal ITS.

E.G: http://domain.de:8000/scripts/wgate/webgui/!?DRAW-DOKAR=CPD&DRAW-DOKNR=10000007179&DRAW-DOKTL=000&DR...;OKCODE=/00&TRANSACTION=CV03N&~LANGUAGE=DE

so I get an Application Server Error.

The Link should be:

http://domain.de:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?!?DRAW-DOKAR=CPD&DRAW-DOKNR=10000007179&DRAW-DOKTL=0...;OKCODE=/00&TRANSACTION=CV03N&~LANGUAGE=DE

I don´t know where to set up the extension. If I type in the correct Link it works fine.

Thanks & Regars,

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Hämmerle on Nov 11, 2008 12:56 PM

Edited by: Tobias Hämmerle on Nov 11, 2008 12:56 PM

Edited by: Tobias Hämmerle on Nov 11, 2008 12:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

I am also having the kind of similar query.

Just wanted to understand one thing, when we enter that web address (which we get through test service of webgui in SICF), in the Web server details in SPRO>Collaboration Projects>Connection to External Systems>Accounting Integration>Define Object Links for Accounting Integration>Single-Obj. Controlling on WBS Elements, the Web server field has the limitation for the number of text length there. And i am not able to enter the full URL there.

Futher to that please note i have not installed the CPRXRPM 450 UI component.

The query is that i am able to see the services for the cProjects integrated PS Project WBS (in the accounting integration tab page), but on clicking on any of the service i am getting an error in the internet explorer window.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

there was an error in this area that was solved with SAP note 1269368:

Symptom:

In cProjects you can access the SAP Easy Document Management application by choosing a document link on the SAP DMS tab page. Although you have activated the function in Customizing and you have maintained the entries for document management (0EASYDMS), you cannot use the service 0EASYDMS when it is on its own. If several services are active (for example, 0CV02N and 0EASYDMS) they are displayed in a selection screen and there is a link to SAP Easy Document Management that works.

Reason and Prerequisites:

This problem is caused by a program error.

In Customizing, you have activated just one service for the object type 0EASYDMS(description "Document Management" in SAP R/3 DMS).

Therefore, could you please test if implementing the correction of this note in the affected cProjects

system helps?

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

thanks for the reply, but the note has nothing to do with the problem.

After hours of searching and testing, we figured it out. The simple probelm was, that we had not activated all services for the internal its. We created a Web Server Alias with the right URL and had a direct linking between cProjects (Dokument, Material) and SAP GUI 4 HTML.

So problem solved for our case.

Thanks @ all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Nice to see that you have got your query resolved.

I have few queries in-line with the same, please advise.

1. The Web server tab in configuration for "Define Object Types for Object Links" has the limited number of characters than what i want to enter there. (I am trying to enter the web server URL which we get through testing service sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui in SICF, but only the partial text of that URL is getting copied there).

2. Which are the mandatory services for the internal ITS ? (In my system all the services are showing as activated under ITS Directory sap/bc/gui/sap/its in SICF)

When we say internal ITS, its the same we get with SAP standard installation, right ? What is the external ITS?

3. For my system where can i find the related web server alias and web server address which we have to configure in "Make Settings for Calling an SAP Transaction".

Regards,

Nishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit,

1. This is exactly the same problem we had. You have to set up a Alias for your Web Server! Go to: spro>collaboration Projects>Connection to external Systems>Object Links in SAP Systems>Make Settings for Calling an SAP Transaction-->DC on "Alias for the Web of an SAP Transaction".

In here you can define your Alias and set up the Web Server Adress. The characters are not restriced in here. After you´ve done this you can choose your Web Server Alias in the f4 help in "Define Object Types for Object Links" or in every other possible object link.

2. You have to activate all cProjects specific Services as shown in the cP 4.5 configurtion guide on page 11. For activating the Internal ITS Services have al look at: http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/4f/2e6a52c3cdc44d83169b181a9c62ba/frameset.htm

Yes, the Internal ITS is installed with the standard installation for your further question read the help above!

3. You can find the Alias by pressing the Help Button of the Web Server in the object type you want to set up. For example 0DOCUMENT (dc on the object type)

I hope this answer is helpful to you.

Regards,

Tobias