cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Only option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one explain me use of Read-Only option in data manger under the view tab in the main menu?

I have some idea regarding this option If you select one record and apply read-Only option then that particular record cannot be Edited. Using User Id1 put Read Only Option for some records logged on in DM with User Id2 checked the same records where this read-Only option is not applied in the User ID 2 . What is the use of Read-Only option ?

In Which scenario will use this read-Only option?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Read-Only option will be helpful in the situation in which some one is reviewing the record and you want to avoid some Accidental Changes then first set the record as Read-Only.

Mostly used in case of reviewing the families in Family Mode because one simple accidental change can create the lots of problems since your entire publishication catalog is based on this mode.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

This read only option is for making all record as read only. By selecting this you can not add, edit or delete the record. It is not apply on perticular record, it applies all the record in the repository.

If you want to simply review the records and wish to avoid any accidental changes, you can put the MDM Client (data Manager) into read-only mode by clicking on the Read-Only toolbar button.This is only the use of this option.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jun 11, 2008 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read only option will not allow you to add modify the records in Data Manager.It is not that with user 1 if your are doing read only user 2 will also be in read only mode.

If your are doing read only through view with User1 then User 1 will not be able to modify oe add any records untill the read only mode is there.

At the same time login in data manager with User2 he will be able to perform all the operations in DM as per his role in Console.Unti or Unless you select Read Only in DM with User2.

If you want to simply review the records in a table and wish to

avoid any accidental changes, you can put the MDM Data Manager

into read-only mode by clicking on the Read-Only toolbar button

(shown at left), or by choosing View > Read-Only from the main menu.

read-only records are gray colored in both the Records

pane and the Record Detail pane, to indicate that they cannot be edited

or deleted.

Reward if Helpful.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on Jun 11, 2008 3:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay ,

I have tried with USER1 but in USER2 records are not in the Read-Only Mode.

I think its applicable to that log on Id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

As i told you, this option is used for making the records in read only.

I have tried with USER1 but in USER2 records are not in the Read-Only Mode.

If you want to achiev this then you can use the administration section of MDM Console.you can create a role and set the properties in the function tab as None and Table and fields as "read only". then you assign this role to the perticular user (say for ex USER2).

when you login into the data manager by this user (USER2), you will find every thing is in read only.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Rewar if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.