cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP libraries missing from "Add/Remove Application Libraries..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm developing an EJB 3.0 project using NWDS 7.1 SP05 and I need to use the UME libraries in my development. However, when selecting to the "Add/Remove Application Libraries..." option (from the project context menu) I don't get the option of selecting any SAP libraries. All I see is:

=====================

Application Library Projects

-> sap.com

-

> MyProjectEar

=====================

Please could someone help me out here. I need to use the security API, and don't know of another way to set the correct reference without this feature in NWDS.

This project is not part of a DC.

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

In order to access SAP libraries (like UME) you have to use the DC model. Please have a look at this [document|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04f39d8-1b8b-2a10-8082-d28b20137d94], in particular "Java-Based Development Scenarios at SAP" on page 5.

Hint: you can convert your Eclipse projects into DC from the context menu of the project.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir

Thanks for the link... I have actually read that document before, but it doesn't have any specific reference to the problem I posted.

I have installed a brand new NWDS on a Virtual PC to confirm, and I am able to set the reference on a new EJB project (not part of a DC). Somehow this ability is lost after using the IDE for a little while.

I would attach a screenshot to show you what I mean, but I can't find where to do that in the SAP Forums.

This looks like a bug in the product, so I've logged a message with SAP support. Hopefully they can get back to me soon to fix the problem.

If you have any other ideas of things I could try, please let me know.

Thanks again

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI... I just saw that SAP have released SP06 for NWDS over the weekend. After updating from SP05 to SP06, the problem seems to have gone away. Hopefully it doesn't come back!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem with SP05

Solution : erase workspace metadata...

But the bug comes back after restarting IDE

edit:

Same problem with SP08

SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS classpath is lost as soon as you close the IDE

very strange...

I set it to "<my inst dir>/plugins/com.sap.tc.ap_<version>"

and the "Installed Libraries" are back...

anyway, all the libraries are in ./plugins/ (eg UME in com.sap.security_<version>)

this IDE is full of bugs!

Edited by: bpatrice on Jun 21, 2009 7:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, same problem here. NWCE7.1, SP05. have to set SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIB every time I start Studio.

Rajiv.