cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer project to new server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a webdynpro local project successfully deployed and running in a server. Now we have configured another server. Now I want to transfer this project to the new server, but I dont have the source code to redploy it.

Is it possible to copy the deployed contents from '...\server0\apps\local' folder of the earlier server to the same folder of the new server? will it work if i copy the project like that?

or, is there another alternative to do this?

Thanks and regards,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You want to transfer the project to a new server in design time or in deploy time?

If you want to transfer the project in design time, I mean just copy the source code

from one PC to another, you can direct copy the whole project to the target PC, and import it as an existing project. but if your project is a DC project, the import will be different. you can search for some thread in this forum, such as "how to import a DC project"

If you want to do it in deploy time, It will be easier. In the development studio, open Window --> Perferences -->SAP AS Server then set the server to your new server.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems my question is not clear. This is my issue:

I have a successfully running application in the server. But I lost its source code. I dont have it anywhere.

What I want to know is, is it possible to copy the deployed content from the server's deployment folder '.../server0/apps/local' to another servers same folder. Will it work in the second server if I copy the contents to it like this?

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You can take copy of your deployed application and redeploy in the new server, e.g. we have done it for the EAR. Copy the EAR file frm the previous server and deploy frm this with the help of Visaual admin the same in the new server.

If you have PAR project then no issue, with the help of PAR you can create project and you can get the content also. You have to deploy the PAR with the help of project or you can upload the PAR from the administrator login frm your server.

Hope that may help you.

Regards,

Deepak

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ajay,

\usr\sap\<server>\DVEBMGS01\SDM\root\origin

here you can see your application..and you can take ear from there.. and deploy anywhere you want..

as you project is local check

\usr\sap\P7P\DVEBMGS01\SDM\root\origin\local\your project name..

there you can see datewise folder as per the deployment you have done. take recent copy of deployed ear.. and deploy it on other server