cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start the NW04 CI instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed NW04 JAVA with EP 6.0 on Windows 2003 SP1 with MS SQL. I configured SCS and CI to run on Virtual hosts SAPENQ01 and SAPJ2EE respectively for HA. I have two node cluster. When I start CI and SCS on same host they started just fine and everything is working. I switched the SCS instance group to second node and tried to start the CI instnce on first node. The CI is not able to start.

I tried starting CI manually also ... bust it just gives message on command line saying "STARTSAP continues ... ". No logs are created. It never starts jcontrol.exe process. And also when I see SAP MMC ... it is not showing SAP instances there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

cvr/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you adjust the profile files of the Web AS so that they use the virtual host names (wherever host names are used), not the real host names. For example, if the host name of the message server in the profile is the real hostname of the machine, after the switchover connection to message server would not be possible.

In addition, you would also have to check the DB connection settings (through the config tool) and make sure the virtual hostnames are used there too.

Hope that helps.

P.S. the logs of the startsap are generated in the \usr\sap\<SID>\SCS<nr>\work\sapstart.log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using oracle Once we faced this type of problem At that moment we saw that physical memory size will give problem This will be in Default or instance profile try to set acc to ur RAM size Problem might be because of memory leakage

Take care

Vinod