b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 3 locations.

1.DC - A - Procurement Type -F

2.Plant - B * Procurement Type - X

3.Sub Contractor Location - C* Procurement Type - E

Demand for A is covered by the Plant B. To cover this demand plant B can either Produce / subcontract to vendor.

Master Data maintained

1.Transportation Lane between Vendor Location and Plant.

2.Transportation Lane between Plant & DC.

Scenario:

1.I create demand of 100 PCS in DC.

2.This demand will be visible at Plant B in the Distributed Demand KF.

When i execute NEtwork Heuristics at Plant B the system do not plan. But when i execute Location heuristic at PLant B, system plans at the Subcontracor location and creates planned order at subcontractor location.

When executing Network heuristics System should behave in the same way as Location Heuristics. Please advice if we miss anything relevent to MAster Data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you highlight what you mean by "When i execute NEtwork Heuristics at Plant B" ? Network Heuristics is only run at a Product level. All the locations are automatically included.

Try to give a shot with Network Heuristics using Proc type of F and E individually first just to make sure Heuristics is flowing the demand through the network. The other thing I would recommend doing is to use relative procurement priorities between ppm and subcontracting option in the respective master data.

These are not solutions but may lead you to where the problem is.

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply. I execute network heuristics at product level only.I loaded the part number at plant B and executed the NEtwork Heuristics.

Our Scenario :

1. DC - A

2. Plant - B

3. Sub Contractor Location - C

I undertstand trasportation lanes connects all three locations. Apsrt from this can you please let me know the purpose / importance of the External Procurement Relationship ?

From Sub Contractor location to the Plant we have external procurement relationship created when we CIF'd the Subcontractor Info Record. Do we need standard External procurement relationship from Plant B to DC- A ?

Answers (0)