cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have installed ECC 6.0. For various CIN requirements i have to increase my support package level to SAPKH60010 in SAP_APPL. I have checked in my SAPM t.code my SAP_APPL level shows me SAPKH60006.I need to apply from 7 to 10.

My doubts are

How to apply support packs. After i keep .att and .ptt file in eps/in folder ,in t.code spam through application server,then what next?For the functionality to eflect schould i restart my SAP MMC.

after applying the patch for Ex : SAPKH60007, by mistake if some things goes wrong, can i revert back to SAPKH60006 functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i completely agree with you & need a small clarification

Initially i was using a copy of DDIC user & i also tried with user DDIC directly & applied more than 100 Sp's as i never faced any problems i thought it will be okay.

Pls explain us if there is any logic behind that. Your response will be highly appreciated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Initially i was using a copy of DDIC user & i also tried with user DDIC directly & applied more than 100 Sp's as i never faced any problems i thought it will be okay.

Pls explain us if there is any logic behind that. Your response will be highly appreciated.

All notes containing installation + upgrades for Addons (for example) state:

4. Installing or upgrading to XYZ

• Log on as the relevant user.

Log on to your R/3 system in client 000 as a user with SAP_ALL authorization. Do NOT use the SAP or DDIC users.*

</quote>

DDIC is a "special" user, DDIC has e. g. no permissions to change objects in the system, thus you need to create a copy of it during the upgrade in the shadow instance to modify/adapt/activate things. For most scenarios in support packages it may work but as stated in the notes, it shouldn´t be used but a copy of it.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, its not that difficult but please meet all the pre-requisites before applying support packs

Login as SIDADM into OS

plz check your r3trans -d returns code <0000>

Pls also update your SPAM/SAINT

Take full offline DB back up

Download them .sar & .car files from market place place them in trans directory & uncar them

ex- sapcar -xvf KH60007.CAR

.pat .att files will be generated

Login as DDIC user

Execute tx-code SPAM

Support packages & load packages from application server

To check the pre-requisites

In case if u are planing to apply sapkh60008

All support packages--> display & navigate relevant support pack sapkh60008 expand it under pre-requisites & see that u met all the pre-requisites.

Good luck

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Login as DDIC user

do NOT use DDIC or SAP* to apply support packages - use a different user with full permissions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to apply support package.

check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/a7/a7a932845c11d2b421006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

After i keep .att and .ptt file in eps/in folder

-> no need you can delete it after applying SP.

For the functionality to eflect schould i restart my SAP MMC.

-> no need to restart SAP after applying support package.

after applying the patch for Ex : SAPKH60007, by mistake if some things goes wrong, can i revert back to SAPKH60006 functionality.

-> No. it's difficult.

before applying support package

read 822379: Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP.

regards,

kaushal