Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between maintaining SLD locally and at SOLMON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Few doubts relating to SLD maintaining locally and maintaining at SOLMON

1>What are advantages maintaining SLD locally when compared to maintaining at SOLMON ?

2>What are disadvantages when maintaining SLD locally, when compared to maintaining at SOLMON ?

3>As we know that SLD indicates a repository (it is a repository which consists of information and maintains whole systems info (components,packages, ...etc )) , even the same things can be maintained at SOLMON system also .Then what is the use of maintaining SLD separately ?

4>What are its main advantages ?

Can anyone kindly help me out by providing answers for this ?

Best Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

While maintaing the SLD in Solution Manager we can have a single sign on(SSO) to all the servers which are present.

it saves lot of time and also increses the Perfromance.

SAP is recommending Solution Manager for all end-to-end operations which includes the SLD.

Solution Manager is nothing but a project tracking tool , where we put all the documentation. Its just like an E-Room

cheers

reward points if found useful

Edited by: vemuganti naga phalguna on Jun 11, 2008 2:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vemuganti,

Thanks for the information.

Need few more clarifications .

1>Can you tell me for what reason SLD is maintained locally , when SAP itself suggesting to opt for SOLMON ?

2>As in our project also SLD is maintained as locally and not the central SOLMON .

3>Do you have any points to support local SLD which the current system is being followed .?

4>Is it some thing like , after this versions(NW 04's) it is maintained at centrally SOLMON ?

5>If you have any link relating to this ,,can you forward it to me ?

Awaiting for your reply .

Best Regards

Rakesh