cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration using XML files or XML content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have decided to define an standard of format file in our organization. This standard will be XML format as we are aware that this is an open standard and XI works internally with it, as well as scalability and many other things...

I would like to know which are the pros and cons of using it (obviously, from your point of view) and what adapters might we use in order to be able to move XML files (or XML content) from one system to other/s.

I know we can use FILE adapter and think that we also can use HTTP and SOAP but dunno how to ellaborate with these 2. Could you please help me with this? is there any good blog showing this kind of scenarios?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

it all depends on our requirement.

if we want to send XML through file we use the File adapter

if we want to use webservice we use the SOAP Adapter.

cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You better use the File Adapter (Message type : FTP).....

I dont think you can use SOAP here and its not suggestable to use HTTP in this instance....

In SDN just search for "File scenarios" or File to File you will get lot many blogs and threads....

****************Reward points,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your responses

i am used to FILE adapter so this is not the point, maybe i explained wrong:

there will be times in which i will use FTP adapter due to the fact that i will want to move the file, BUT, there will be others, in which i will prefer using HTTP adapter or SOAP in order to send/receive XML content (not files).

Is there any way to implement that?

thanks and regards,

david

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Moving XML is always depends upon the environment..

if you using webservice then u can go for SOAP adapter.

if u want to send xml through file then u can use file adapter.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Is there any way to implement that?

Ofcourse. If you have a XML content and want to send it to XI server. Just use the XI server pipeline URL and do a HTTP post of the XML content.

There is a sample HTTP client available in SDN to test your interface.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

XI/PI is like any other middle ware tool you use in your organisation for interconnecting various systems. PI has several adapters which can "talk" to several systems.

An example would be JDBC adapter can "talk" to Databases with JDBC drivers.

SOAP adapter can "talk" to Webservice and JMS adapters can "talk" with Queues.

If you are looking at ways to communicate only with files, then File adapter can help you. As you said XI uses XML internally. But XI/PI is much more powerful than that. You can use it to communicate with Db/webservices/Queues/http

Hope I dint add up to your confusion.

Regards,

Jaishankar