cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Communication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am testing a webservice hosted on some server. Few days back I was able to test the webservice and was getting the desired response, but now the testing is giving an error:

<SAP:AdditionalText>soap fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: DeriveParameters requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is Closed. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean executing) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.DeriveParameters() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(SqlCommand command) at DBLayer.SQLServerDBLayer.Initialize_DBCommand(String dbCommandName, CommandType dbCommandType) at DBLayer.SQLServerDBLayer.set_DBCommandName_StoredProcedure(String Value) at PeopleLinkSearch2.PersonSearch.Find(String UserID, String FirstName, String LastName, Boolean ActiveEmployeesOnly) in D:\ODProjects\ODWebService\PeopleLinkSearch2\PersonSearch.asmx.vb:line 72 at PeopleLinkSearch2.PersonSearch.Find(String UserID, Int32 isString) in D:\ODProjects\ODWebService\PeopleLinkSearch2\PersonSearch.asmx.vb:line 63 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</SAP:AdditionalText>

Can anybody tell me what this error speaks about.

Please note that all the objects in IR and ID are active and error-free (scenario was working fine earlier).

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop/Chandrakanth,

I have already tried the things mentioned by you but still I am getting the error.

Even the cache contents are up-to-date.

I am using SOAP Client to test the scenario and using the same format of URL that Chandrakanth has mentioned. Also the scenario was working fine few days back but now it is giving the said error.

In that error it is showing the terms related to Database....can anybody figure out what exactly these terms refer to?....Is there any error in the database of the host?

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 11, 2008 3:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) check the RWB, component monitoring, your soap sender adapter.

2)The Integration Server SOAP inbound channel url has to be

http://<serverhost>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<ServiceName>:<Channel Name>,

where ServiceName is the sender Service name, and Channel Name is the SOAP Sender communication channel Name.

Check this weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/29/service-enable-your-sap-application-component

3) Try to avoid this one http://was:5<sysnr>00/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet

Also just cross check with Adapter configuration - SOAP Sender- SAP Note 856597

Also you can make use of SOAP client to do the same

regards

chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check eitehr the Web service is working properly.

Also try to refresh the communciation cahnnel by activating and deactiviating or from RWB-->Component monitoring --> Adapter Engine --> CC

Thanks

swarup