cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute a scenario File to File with SAP XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm starting study SAP XI, i see in the link follow:

[http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/page8.htm]

a scenario to exchange file to file with SAP XI.

After designing and configuration everything (same as tutorial of this scenario), i don't known how to execute this scenario.

Anyone can answer my question: how to execute this scenario file to file?

Please see the link below to understand more about this scenario.

Thanks all a lot in advance,

Point will be reward for any valuable answer.

Vinh Vo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the right hand side. Select the Test Tab and click on Source Document View button

Can you see the XML

Copy this and paste it into the file C:\XI_FILES\SENDER\xi_xmlfile_input.dat only the xml contents and now wait for the XI to pick the file. Once XI picks the file then it will delete the file.

How to debug if anything went wrong? Login into the XI server and type the TCode u201CSXMB_MONIu201D this will take u to the message monitoring screen. Just select the first option then press u201CExecuteu201D. One more screen opens up Just Press "Execute" again.

Now open the message which has your business service name. If it is in red color box then error or else if you are seeing what I am seeing then You have successfully created a u201CXML FILE 2 XML FILE Scenariou201D from Scratch.

Step by Step Guide: XML File 2 XML File Scenario: Part I

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

Step by Step Guide: XML File 2 XML File Scenario: Part II

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

REGARDS

chandrakanth

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through these blogs...

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The blog that you are refering to does not have the configuration of sender and receiver file adapter

Refer to the following link for sender file adpater configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Refer to the following link for reciever file adpater

configuraition

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Now once done this create a sender and reciever agreement whre you will refer to the channel.

Now Place the file that you have give in Sender file adapter (make sure the file extn is .xml)

You need to use either FTP or NFS.

and need to place the file in the respective source path.

reward points if useful

regards,

Milan

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For starting the scenario, put the file (name should be the one that you have provided while configuring the sender communication Channel) that you want to send in the folder that you mentioned in CC.

The CC(Commuincaiton channel) will pick up the file and will place the file in the target folder.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinh,

Hope u read all the basic documents of the XI, if not please go through once u wil come to know how to execute a scenario.

the step-by-step procedure for a simple file-file scenario...

First u have to finish the Design Part in the IR

1) Create Data types

2) Create Message Types

3) Create Message Interface

4) Message Mapping

5) Message Interface.

Here it complete the desing part.

Then start thr configuration:-

1) Create the Configuration Scenario

2) Create the Business system and create the Communication Channel.

3) Sender Agreement

4) Receiver Determination

5) Interface Determination

6) Receiver Determination.

If u perfome this steps u wil be successfully complete u r File- File Scenario.

follow the below link to have clear picture of file-file scenario

STEP1:-

STEP2:-

Hope this helps u a lot.....

Thankx

Anil

Edited by: Venkat Anil Gannavarapu on Jun 11, 2008 11:36 AM

Edited by: Venkat Anil Gannavarapu on Jun 11, 2008 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I hope you have executed the scenario. with the information replied by the friends. if not do like this:

1. In sender and receiver communication channels use the file path as simple path like c://filesend and c://filerecv. Both file send and filerecv are folders in which the example.txt files are placed.

2. put the poll intervels in the communication channel as 10 sec to see the generated file soon ( dont forget to change it immediately you see the files at destination c://filerecv)

3. save and activate the scenario.

See the result.

Best of luck

Reward points if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/flatFILETOFLATFILE&

Place the Source file in the source directory( wat ever u have mentioned the path in the sender CC) and mention the receiver directory also in the Receiver communication channel.

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a scenario with a file on sender side starts if a file exists that fits to file specified in the File Sender Adapter.

So if for example the File Sender Adapter waits for a file 'example.txt' and have a polling interval of 10 minutes then the scenario starts within 10 minutes after a 'example.txt' is created in the specified directory.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Koehnen on Jun 11, 2008 11:14 AM