cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CIN possible in IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I was given to understand that implementing CIN in IDES (800 client) is not possible for whatever reason. Is that true? Or is there a way out, by adding some patches or thru some User Exits??

Your answers will be very very helpful.

Highest regards.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your System and see if TAXINN or TAXINJ figures in the FI-global settings- taxes on sales/purchases.

Check and see if all the condition types are available. Check and see if country India figures in the assignment of Calculation procedure.

Check and see if chart of Accounts CAIN figures in the list of chart of accounts.

If your answerto all the above is YES then yes CIN cvan be done in an IDES system also.

Usually what happens India does not figure in the list of countries in calculation procedure. Normally there are 40+ countries but in IDES in view of the large amount of data country versions are not loaded.Hence CIN is not possible.

But remember client 000 has the CIN settings in it.

All systems will have a 000 client which is the one you use for a production client or a QA client.

So if you know how to do a client copy do it and then apply the country template to the settings. This will change all the settings to the India version. Copy all the referece 001 org units and use the copies for your problems. Never change the reference org units. Or else if you want to apply another country then you will have a problem.

How to recognise whether CIN is loaded or not?

Check the reference company code 0001. If it shows SAP A.G then its notloaded. But if it shows SAP bangalore then that means CIN has been loaded and country template ahs been applied.

regds

Jude

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. Found J1ID in IDES, so expect it is possible to do CIN.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

You can try this

1. create a client coping source client 000

2. create a user id ABC copying DDIC user in client 000

3. login ABC in client 000 and using SAINT to install CIN CD

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai again,

I am working in a company, so making copies is not possible. They gave me IDES-800 to work and learn things. I have already created a Structure based on their Business Process and now I wanted to do CIN like they are doing. But from my understanding and some other consultants here, I take it that it is not possible 'as is where is'. Thats why i asked.

Anyways, let me try all the suggestions you have given and then if completed, i'll conclude and close this thread.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

we can configure CIN in ides 800 clint but some patches are missing in this clint. better my suggesion is make a copy of "000" clint and do the configuration of CIN.

Regards

SAndeep Dondi

Former Member
0 Kudos

CIN can be done in IDES but provides the packages and the notes has been applied.

For the SAP ECC5.0 and ECC 6.0 the same comes as default.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar