cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating data from another rep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible that my validation in Rep A accesses and runs on data present in a table of Rep B?

Preference is of course if I can do this within Data Manager.

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

It is not possible to apply validations of repository A on the tables of repository B.However you ca export the validation expresions form Repository A and can Import the same on the Repository B.

Reward if helpful

Regards,

Vinay yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can validations be exported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edna,

In SAP MDM SP06 you can export validations by using the Export Schema and import schema functions.

You go to the MDM console and right click your repository, then select export schema. This creates an XML file on your system.

Then go to the repository in which you want to import the validation and right click the repository and select import schema.

You will find a screen that allows you to select the changes to import.

This is how, you can export and import the validations.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Export Repository Schema of the repository that contains the desired validations. Export generates the XML i.e. Schema Migration File.Go to the repository in which you want those validations to be implemented and select Import from Schema option.It will show you the entire schema of both the repositories and you can select the Validations, Assignments, tables, fields etc as per your requirement into the repository.

reward if helpful.

Vinay yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly,

Just wanted to clarify that it is useless if repository A and repository B are modeled differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinay and Saurabh.

But Edna nailed it! Even I am aware of exporting validations but if modelled separately this doesn't make sense.

Thanks for responses guys..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The next major release of MDM will have multiple main tables in a single repository. U can do this very easily then. Or currently, try to use portal to talk to multiple repositories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

As per my knowledge, this is not possible between two repositories.Each repository is separate from the other one.

Even in case of Master slave relationship of the repositories, you can perform the validation on slave which you have made in your Master repository.

Once you create a validation in Master repository, just synchronize the slave repository then this validation will be avialable in the slave and tou can perfom the validation on this.

insteed of this, you can export the validations from one repository and import it in to the other repository then you can use the validation of the repository but it depends on the repository schema.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jun 11, 2008 11:04 AM

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jun 11, 2008 11:06 AM