Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

explain this scenario..

PM eqpts r given out for rental basis , how do i capture the revenue for this...

I know tht maintenance can be booked by assigning the eqpt to WBS in PS and settling the MO to respective WBS,but how can i capture revenue on the eqpts[wbs] if given out ...

Any light on the same

points would be given..

regards

pushpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VenkatSekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know whether you are trying to link the Maintenance schedule with the Project System. I am a little confused with your process flow.

Thx.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkar,

Ours is a construction client where he has some construction eqpts which he uses for his own projects and sometime gives that outside for rent and at the same time he carries out maintenance on the eqpt , now he wants to capture the cost and revenues on each eqpt ......

regards

pushpa

VenkatSekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

Sorry for a late reply.

You can link the Maintenanace order to the Project system and capture the cost accordingly.

You need to activate project systems and if you have done that the WBS-e will reflect in the MP. you might need to create a dummy project in PS and link the WBS-e to the Maintenance plan.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Venkat

Edited by: Venkat Sekar on Jun 24, 2008 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

thnks for the reply

we can capture costs from PM -PS integration but tell me how capture the revenue once the eqpt is given out for rental purpose --- consider the case of earth moving eqpts...

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to capture the Revenues on the rents, You need to create a Sale Order, and if its a part of project, You can link the Sale order with the WBS/network acttivity in the Sale Order.

Regards,

Ramesh-

Former Member
0 Kudos

This scenario can better adress with the help of DIP profile configuration. You follow the DIP process flow and SD route with the help of DIP.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa!

Here you can assign your maintenance order as suborder to the network..and in PS you can collect the cost of maintenance at order level and if you want you can append this cost with WBS ...

and for revenue..create a sales order and assing the WBS and using Resource Related billing (DP90) Book the revenue...this is more sutaible ....

Thanks & Regards

RAMA. S. Sharma