cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Records in UWL : New Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw the contents posted in the following post:

adding to the above post, i am not seeing the next button on the UWL, how to get that?

along with pupulating the records, can we use a custom made iView using java APIs under the UWL iView in the page?

I need to get match and merge functionality to the approver of the record, along with the workflow approval. is there a way to get that on front end using the standard iViews provided?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Suggestion from my side:

Create One System connect it with one Repository, dont make any changes in the config file and test the entire scenario. If it is ok then try the one you are working on.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

we have two different applications, using two different systems in system configuration and also two different systems in UWL.

repositories are different for both.

I am trying to restart the whole server machine mdm and portal to see if there was any kind of cache error.

will let you know if i resolved this.

appreciate your time, btw is it possible to share your contact info in sdn?

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you have any idea about merging records?

What is the name of the Java APIs used for merging records?

is the A2i apis to be used for it?

I am using MDM 5.5 SP5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

For Merging we have MergeRecordsCommand which takes ConnectionAccessor object and need to set the following parameters TableId, RecordId array and record Values. For more information refer Java doc you will get the better idea

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

MDMJavaAPI_Ver5.5.40.83

This is what i am using but it doesnt have this command

I think the merge is only available with SP6.

if it is available with SP5, where can i get the latest APIs. My API's of version state up, doesnt support Merge.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

First of all kindly let us know whether:

1. You are getting the work items in the UWL iView?

2. Have you logged into the portal by the Workflow Owner's user?

3. Which version you are currently on?

Actaulyl we all are facing lots of issues related to UWL. But so far i am getting the workflow items in the UWL and one user can perfoem all the steps intended to that user.

1. With reference to your query you wont get any next button in UWL. It all depends on the step used in the workflow. Please reply on above questions asked then will try to find out the soultion.

2. I dont think that we create Custom Events for UWL iView so the communication between UWL iView and Custom made iView wont be possible. For this you need to use the Guided Procedures but then you have to drop MDM-UWL approach

3. Standard iViews doesnt provide Matching-Merging but you can select the records and compare them using Resultset iView.

Hope you will get some help.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You are getting the work items in the UWL iView?

Yes

2. Have you logged into the portal by the Workflow Owner's user?

Yes

3. Which version you are currently on?

MDM 5.5 SP5

now i am able to see the records and the buttons that i am seeing shows me the next step of the workflow, verified that.

Now the issue is, if i execute a task, and there is an error, i don't get the error as alert/warning/notification etc or any prompt.

and if i successfully execute the step from portal, it doesn't reflect the status in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

UWL was working fine when we tried on MDM 5.5 SP5 but there are few limitations like you wont get any error message say if there is Assignment failure etc but try refreshing the Task list from there you can get the current status of the task.

It reflects immediately at MDM side we havn't faced this issue ever.One suggession is first test it for Simple Workflow.

Start -> Process -> Process -> Stop and check whether it is working fine or not?

Note: You need to refresh the task list (not the entire UWL iView) every time after performing some action.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, i will do that, is there a way to get the record details of the MDM record being worked on?

any special changes i have to do in config file?

currently i have changed the pcd location to a page containing the record and item details page, but i am not seeing the "Get Record Details" button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt get you.

No need to do a single change in the config file and record details means you are talking about Item details iView?

you can do this

Keep UWL, Resultset and ItemDetails iView in one page and when you will select Workitem from UWL iView an event will trigger that shows the records present in that workflow in the resultset iView. You can then select the record from Resultset iView which triggers the event and you will get that record in the Item details iView.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

i did that the first thing yesterday, as per the document, have to change some settings, did those too, the records are not coming in.

And now i have a new problem, The system is not getting connected.

When i open the UWL page, i get an error "An error occurred while trying to connect to the provider", on checking the details i get a Null Pointer Error Message in the exception.

Just wanted to let you know, there are more than one systems created in the UWL. I have mentioned the name of my table in the configuration file along with the System Alias Name.

and time and again my UWL page look and feel changes some how...:(

This is VERY VERY VERY frustrating.

Kindly assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

We have created the entire MDM-UWL scenario on MDM 5.5 SP5 which was working perfectly fine and we have not made any changes in the config file thats why i am suggesting you the same try to keep it simple.

For your problem check

Whether the repository is loaded. Also check the Connection Status of the System. Refresh the UWL services and then try again.

Dont get frustrated it happens

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for making the change in config file is that we have more than one system connecting to different repositories.

Yes i have tested the connection again and again its working fine. refreshing / relogin etc, tried all, nothing working.

This is the detail of my XML file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd'

>

<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

<ItemTypes>

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.mdm.all.BH_Customer_POC.Customers" connector="MdmUwlConnector" defaultView="MdmWorkItemsCompletedView" defaultAction="showMdmDetails" executionMode="default">

<Actions>

<Action name="showMdmDetails" groupAction="no" handler="IViewLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="externalRequestEvent" value="com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.events.externals.ViewTaskRecordsHandler"/>

<Property name="taskId" value="${item.jobId}"/>

<Property name="iview" value="pcd:portal_content/com.mdm.infy.bh.poc.BHPOC/com.mdm.infy.bh.poc.Pages/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_page"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="Show Record Details"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.mdm.jobs.BH_Customer_POC.Customers" connector="MdmUwlConnector" defaultView="MdmViewJobs" defaultAction="showMdmDetails" executionMode="default">

<Actions>

<Action name="addRecordsToJob" groupAction="no" handler="IViewLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="externalRequestEvent" value="com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.events.externals.ViewTaskRecordsHandler"/>

<Property name="iview" value="pcd:portal_content/com.mdm.infy.bh.poc.BHPOC/com.mdm.infy.bh.poc.Pages/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_page"/>

<Property name="mode" value="result_set"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="Add/Remove Records"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.mdm.tasks.BH_Customer_POC.Customers" connector="MdmUwlConnector" defaultView="MdmViewTasks" defaultAction="showMdmDetails" executionMode="default">

<Actions>

<Action name="showMdmDetails" groupAction="no" handler="IViewLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="Show Record Details"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

</ItemTypes>

<Views>

<View name="MdmViewJobs" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task.mdm.jobs" columnOrder="mdmStatus, priority, subject, jobId, userNames, dueDate, creatorId, createdDate" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="yes" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="unread" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="top">

<Descriptions default="My Open MDM Jobs"/>

<DisplayAttributes>

<DisplayAttribute name="workflowTable" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Workflow Table">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Workflow Table"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="userNames" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="User Names">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="User Names"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="mdmStatus" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="MDM Status">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="MDM Status"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="stepId" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Step ID">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Step ID"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="jobId" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Job ID">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Job ID"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="stepName" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Step Name">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Step Name"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

</DisplayAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action reference="refresh"/>

<Action reference="defaultGlobalWizard"/>

<Action reference="addToNavigation"/>

<Action reference="removeFromNavigation"/>

<Action reference="addMemo"/>

</Actions>

</View>

<View name="MdmViewTasks" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task.mdm.tasks" columnOrder="mdmStatus, priority, subject, jobId, userNames, dueDate, creatorId, createdDate" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="yes" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="unread" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="top">

<Descriptions default="My Open MDM Tasks"/>

<DisplayAttributes>

<DisplayAttribute name="workflowTable" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="userNames" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="mdmStatus" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="MDM Status">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="MDM Status"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="stepId" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Step ID">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Step ID"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="jobId" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Descriptions default="Job ID">

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<DisplayAttribute name="stepName" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<ShortDescriptions>

<Description Language="en" Description="Step Name"/>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

</DisplayAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action reference="addMemo"/>

</Actions>

</View>

<View name="MdmWorkItemsCompletedView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.completedtask.mdm.all" columnOrder="subject, jobId, userNames, creatorId, createdDate, status" sortby="creatorId:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="yes" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="-1" dueDateSevere="0" dueDateWarning="0" emphasizedItems="unread" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="top">

<Descriptions default="Completed MDM Tasks"/>

<DisplayAttributes>

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

<ShortDescriptions>

</ShortDescriptions>

</Descriptions>

</DisplayAttribute>

</DisplayAttributes>

<Actions>