Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message mapping exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we test a mapping under the <b>test</b> tab in mapping,

it displays a trace like "Executed succesfully" or

"cannot produce target element elementname".

I am facing a scenario where i need to capture this and send this message back to the sender.

Can some body help me in this.

Thanks.

Regards.

Disney joe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this with BPM.

Catch the exception of the transform step and send the message back.

Regards

Stefan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but you cannot get the error code this way can you?

that was the original idea I think

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disney,

Check all the mandatory fields in your target structure are getting mapped at runtime. Though you might have mapped all the mandatory fields in target at design from the source but runtime(when you execute) if value does'nt exist in the source then the mapping might give this error.

You can also use 'display queue' function to check if all the mandatory fields have some values in the queues.

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am doing validations, so when the mapping fails i need to send a message back to the sender , stating that "mapping failed due to the field that errored out".

It is enough if i send the exception messgae that

XI is throwing like " cannot produce target element elementname" ( in the test tab of mes mapping).

Thanks.

Regards.

Disney.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disney,

what kind of validations you are doing ?

You can avoid your mapping from failing in your java code and send a appropriate message instead. Just map blank values or constants to the mandatory target fields whenever your validation fails. Have additional field in target to capture the exact reason for this failure.

Other option is let your mapping fail and you can raise an alert and send a generic message instaed.

It all depends on your scenario.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I will get back to you on this in another 45 min.

Thanks.

Regards.

DSisnet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>>Actually I am doing validations, so when the mapping >>fails i need to send a message back to the sender , >>stating that "mapping failed due to the field that >>errored out".

when a mapping error occurs you cannot send back custom error messages, XI will return a generic error "Server Error". One has to look into sxmb_moni to know waht exactly the error was. or the sender can catch soap exception.

cheers,

naveen

Message was edited by: Naveen Pandrangi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveen,

This is possible when doing a complete java Mapping, not with graphical mapping though, havent tried so not so sure..

Regards

Ravi Raman