cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to the material groups in ME51N and ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to restrict ceratin material groups in ME51N ang ME21N. The option we see to make this possible is to add authorization object M_IS_MATKL (LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Material Group) to the two tcodes. Will it possible to modify the sap standard tcodes? Will there be any issue when we modify the sap standard tcodes. What needs to be adjusted. Your inputs will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Depending on the release you might be able to use an enhancement point in the code (ECCn versions) to provide this additional validation. Your development team will be able to give you a bit more info on the feasibility of this.

Enhancement Points are like user exits on steroids and can remove the requirement for copying tcodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this Transaction Variants and Screen Variants

It will alow you to creat new tx on basis of old one.

it will also allow you to just creat new screen for out tx with change in name of tx

[Transaction Variants and Screen Variants|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create your own customized tcode using transaction SE93 say for eg ZME51N and enter the name of the module pool program as SAPZME51N and the first screen of the transaction as 0100.

As far as I know SAP tcodes can be modified (which is agaisnt SAP best practice) but SAP must be aware of what modifications you are making to the standard tcode.

Rakesh