cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do we need ask for points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

one more chance to share my latest query..... when i first started into this forum i used to request for points after answering questions.... But since a long time i dropped this idea since the poster of the question anyway knows and has the responsibility to reward based on the merit of the answers.

So, in such case how much fair / required it is again to ask for points. ....My intention is how can we give balance to content and not just worry so much about points-

And its bit painful to see people who ask questions which require spoon feeding some times say that Points will be definitely rewarded to attract : as if we would answer anything for points.

at the end of my query i thought the correct subject of my question would be why do we need to ask for points

Your opinions please.....

Best Regards,

Sadhu Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

I'd really love to know why points are so important to some people too...

I couldn't care less how many I have or get - they certainly don't pay the bills and my employer doesn't care about them. If I brag about them on a Friday night in the pub with my mates I get funny looks. My girlfriend won't go out with me if I wear one of my SDN t-shirts...

I've asked the same question a few times and wondered why in certain parts of the world points seem to be very, very important - I assume they help with job interviews?

I guess the old adage of quality over quantity just doesn't matter...

Gareth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sadhu:

Thanks a lot for this post! -:D

Here's my explanation...People just don't read...They still think that they are going to get some free T-Shirts by gaining points on SCN...They think that they're going to get better jobs or that they're going to have better reputation...

Nothing farther from the truth...Points are only good for the Food for People program...Nothing more...And I would love to think that people want to contribute to this wonderful program...But I'm not that naive -;)

I have crossed the 10K milestone...Why? Just because it was a personal goal...And because I get points for writing blogs and posting answers to the forums...But of course...I have never asked for them...

People must understand that this is a professional community...That we're are doing this because we love SAP (Ok...At least I love SAP)...

To me ask for points it's like give something to charity and say "Say thanks otherwise I get my stuff and get out of here"...Very bad behavior...

Points are not going to go...They exists for a reason and I wanted them to stay...People must change...And change for good...

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

bit late to come on this thread sorry ! I guess with the latest SDN policies regarding posting content it would definitely bring in a difference the way the forums are approached. Am sure its going to be more professional.

Thanks a lot for all your valuable opinions !!!

Best Regards

sadhu kishore

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Personally I find it irritating to see people asking for points, especially when their answer has nothing to do with the question. But some go even further, they don't ask anymore, but they demand points. What should we do with them?

Regards,

Martin