cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Data Guard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do we need to implement Oracle Data Guard?

We have a "standard" ECC6.0 / Oracle 10g system. The Oracle that's running is the standard runtime one provided when we installed SAP.

Do we need to purchase Oracle Enterprise to use Data Guard, even though we don't need the other Oracle functionalities?

Anybody has any experience in this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have a "standard" ECC6.0 / Oracle 10g system. The Oracle that's running is the standard runtime one provided when we installed SAP.

I hate to say that but Oracle Standard edition is not supported.

See note 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment - point 49:

<...>

49. Standard Edition

• SAP products always require the Oracle Enterprise edition, using Oracle Standard edition is not permitted.

<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal & Markus,

Thanks for your replies.

Note 740897 didn't indicate DataGuard so I'm not sure it's included in our licence with SAP.

I'm a bit confused about pt49 of Note 105047. It says that "SAP products always require the Oracle Enterprise edition". Does that mean that my license with SAP automatically includes Oracle Enterprise Edition (because I'm using SAP products) and that I can actually use DataGuard?

How do I know what I currently have is Enterprise Edition or not?

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm a bit confused about pt49 of Note 105047. It says that "SAP products always require the Oracle Enterprise edition". Does that mean that my license with SAP automatically includes Oracle Enterprise Edition (because I'm using SAP products) and that I can actually use DataGuard?

Check note 105047 point 11 (for Data Guard)

Your which license you have depends on where you bought your licenses. You can buy Oracle licenses through SAP, in that case you have an Enterprise Edition - which is also in your media kit. If you purchased your licenses through Oracle you need to make sure, the necessary licenses are bought.

You can find out which software you installed by executing

sqlplus / as sysdba

Makrus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check following notes might be useful to you.

Note 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment

11 Data guard

Oracle license scope

check Note 740897 - Info about the Oracle license scope; Required Oracle options

regards,

kaushal