cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System ID in SAP LOGON session

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i just found out from a user that even we didn't put the "system ID" correctly in the saplogon session, we still can login to the system.

my system details as below

System ID: DEV

System Number: 00

in my user's saplogon session

System ID: 888

System Number: 00

user still manage to get the signon screen even with the System ID wrongly defined.

am i right to say that the system id defined in the saplogon just for description purpose only ?

comment and advise will be highly appreciated.

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system connection will use the server name / IP address and the System number (##) to initiate the connection from SAP GUI. The system id (XXX) doesnt play a role while connecting or initiating the dialog work processes for a connection. You can use a dot "." in the System id place and try connecting you will still be able to connect.

BR,

Abhijeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

"am i right to say that the system id defined in the saplogon just for description purpose only ?"

May be you are right, If no load balancing Implementing or when the user is not connecting through the Logon group.

But If it is case to connect the system through some logon group, first you will be defining the group in GUI PAD with the entries: SID and Message Server. And then you will be clicking on Generate List to view all the available Logon Groups and add one of them to Logon pad for users login. In this case during the Group selection you should have to mention the correct SID. You can't be succeeded with wrong SID.

But here also once you add the system entry to the Logon Pad from the Group selection, it doesnu2019t matter what it is containing the field SID in Logon pad entry. I mean after adding the Entry from Group selection, If you change the SID to some value still you will have the connectivity.

Regards,

N.Amarnath