cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Sequencing Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a situation in which file should get processed and create in the target side with the timestamp added to it.

The RFC should read the file created with the timestamp and process it and create the Target file.

The problem here is it posisble that XI can be coded so that it first writes out the file and then (on completion of the file write), calls the RFC ?

We need to do this as the RFC will start processing an incomplete file - a file that is still being written to by XI.

Can anybody faced the similar situation if so, how it has been rectified.

waiting for the valuable inputs.

Regards,

Sujata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see in this situation you can assign a temporary file name scheme until the file is being written after the completion of the file write operation the name of the file will be changed to the final name.

for this you need adapter specific message attributes parameter temporary file name scheme.

for e.g the temporary name could be uploadingfile.xml

later it will change to file.xml after completely writing the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never tried a scenario like this.My suggestion is to first you pick the source file and generate one target file and once that target file is generated again you pick that file and make the RFC call.

Your scenario will be like this:

1. create 2 Receiver Determination and Interface determination.One for File to File and the other for target file to RFC.

2. Two Sender agreement one for Source file and other for target file.

3. Two receiver agreement one for teh target fiel and other for RFC.

4. Asusal you do that Receiver RFC steps in SPROXY.

I hope this will work.Please let me know if there is any concern.

Regards,

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Is it ur requirement is like this:first it picks the file and creates a target file once the target file is created the RFC should read that file and trigger the process.i.e file -> file -> RFC.

Regards,

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the file should have to be processed by RFC so the scenario is File>File>RFC.

Can you give me the solution without using BPM.

Is if feasible without BPM?

Regards,

Sujata

Former Member
0 Kudos

check (ftp.putsafe) if this cud help...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm

Also in processing paramters

in Put File - "Use Temporary File" and specify a temporary fielname

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this without BPM also,

With File adapter you have the poll intervals, where fiels will be pickup from the source after certain intervals.

According to that you can schedule a background job to cal RFC to read the target file after 1-2mins.

This will make the whole process in sequence. Use of BPM will hamper on the performance nased on the criticality of the logic.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syjatha,

You can try to give wait step in BPM so that the RFC is called only after the file is processed completely.

Reawrd points if helpful

MenoN