cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing SOAP header extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do I have a possibility to access arbitrary SOAP header extension elements during XI integration scenarios? I want to process soap messages that contain a customer specific SOAP header extension, and the routing decision should be based on attributes in this additional SOAP header element instead of information got from payload or SAP XI specific SOAP header elements.

You might ask where this SOAP message is created. Think f.i. of a message that is created on another integration platform that uses SOAP header extensions in its proprietary protocol and this platform is going to be integrated with SAP-XI.

Has anybody experiences in this topic?

Thanks,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to implement a custom develop Adaptermodul to "render" the header element.

Regards,

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

thanks for your helpful answer. Ok, then I have to learn about adapter developing.... In the mean time we have found the WS-addressing recommendation very helpful and would like to switch to using WS-addressing conform headers. "Good programmers are lazy programmers" - do you - or anybody else - know any inmplementation support that we could use? Does plan SAP to implement this recommendation?

Best regards,

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

did you get a solution for your SOAP-Header problem one year ago?

If yes, I would be pleased to get a hint from you, because I got a similar request.

Regards

Thomas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

One option is to use the CONTEXT OBJECTS in your receiver determination in the condition.

You can access adapter specific identifiers and use conditional routing on these?

Have you checked this?

Regards

Bhavesh