cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown issue in offline Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Form is created using XML schema interface.. When looked at "PDF Preview" drop down field works fine and shows all possible values.

I am using ABAP to generate the interactive form. In the function module call, I have set Fillable = 'X' and also Dynamic = 'X' for docparams.

When I run the program and create the form, I just see one (first) value populated in the drop-down field, but the field does not show any drop-down to choose other values from..

since it works fine in PDF preview, I am assuming, the problem is not with the form, but something to do with the calling program.

any inputs?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using dynamic properties to populate the dropdown-list?

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am populating the dropdown by using javascript. data is supplied by XML.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to take a look at the Web Dynpro ActiveX library in Designer. It contains two dropdown-list where the items are added via scripting. So you have a working example to look at.

For further discussion in this forum you need to provide more information like which event are you using, are you using a static/dynamic PDF forms and a rough outline of your script.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using dynamic forms.. it works fine in PDF preview.. in calling ABAP program i have set Fillable = X and dynamic = X as well. Do you think the issue is with this script? If something was wrong here, then it should not work properly in "PDF Preview" as well.. but it works fine there.. I think, it has something to do with form being "dynamic" in nature..

I found something interesting.. if I add a simple app.alert statement anywhere in this script, drop-down works just fine.. My thinking is, by adding this statement I am making the form dynamic / interactive.. since user has to click on "OK" to close the dialog box. so original issue could be in saving the form as dynamic itself.

I am using "Initialize" event of drop down list with following script:

var boothString = "kitForms.booth";

var boothItem = xfa.datasets.data.resolveNode(boothString );

if (boothItem == null){

this.presence = "invisible";

hiddenBooth.presence = "visible";

}

else {

try{

var boothItemValue = boothItem.nodes.item(0).value;

var tempString = "kitForms.booth.boothNo" + boothItemValue;

var oItems = xfa.datasets.data.resolveNode(tempString);

if (oItems != null){

var nItemsLength = oItems.nodes.length;

boothW.rawValue = oItems.nodes.item(0).value;

boothD.rawValue = oItems.nodes.item(1).value;

var nItemsLength = boothItem.nodes.length;

this.rawValue = boothItemValue;

}

}

catch (e){

this.presence = "invisible";

hiddenBooth.presence = "visible";

}

}

Data XML looks like this:

- <booth>

<item>456</item>

- <boothNo456>

<itemW>10.0</itemW>

<itemD>8.0</itemD>

</boothNo456>

<item>123</item>

- <boothNo123>

<itemW>10.0</itemW>

<itemD>23.0</itemD>

</boothNo123>

</booth>

Edited by: Sudhir Pargaonkar on Jun 11, 2008 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for drop-down lists you do not need to set the dynamic flag.

What I'm missing in your code are statements to modify the items of a ddl.

For example

clearItems()

or

addItem(display value, data value)

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply. This is what I realized..

1) Regarding adding items to drop down list.. it was done using binding.. instead of using this.additem.. so that was working fine and needed form to be dynamic.

2) Issue I found is: I had imported this template instead of creating a new form. This template was created using Adobe Live Cycle Designer.. and not SAP.. it was a working PDF that was rendered using XML.. so my SAP design also uses XML schema...

I think the bug is, drop down fields do not work when they are imported.. I created another drop-down in SFP and used exact same javascript.. guess what.. it worked just fine.. so i am confused.. why does it work in one place and not other?

so just to solve my problem, i am re-creating all drop down fields.

Regards.