cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a POPUP search window from a tableu00B4s cell (NOT LINK TO ACTION)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have this situation, i need to show as a POPUP a search window from a table's cell, this cell must be an inputfield or any similar kind. I know for something that i read, that this could be done with linktoaction UI, but i don't want to use that because when i select my data result in the search window, this lead selection must appear in the main table. Plis if any of you guys know how to do this or if you have some documentation blogs or whatever information that could help me. that would be great!!!!. I´ll wait for you replies THIS ISSUE IS URGENT!!

Thanx in advance,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

InputField has an event "onEnter". In that event handler write your code to display the popup window.

You set the leadselection to the what ever row you want from your code.

//assuming that context node bind to Main table is "MainTable" and i is the row number
wdContext.nodeMainTable().setLeadSelection(i);

Cheers,

~kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello K,

But now i have another question...what about if i dont want to use the enter action. I mean i want that my navigation go something like when i have an inputfield the type date..you know? that the inputfield shows some image beside it and when you click it, the calendar pop ups...can i do this with some inputfield's property? i saw something similar in production enviroment but i dont have the code, so i certain way this could be done. but i dont know how. Please gurus help me.

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you might have seen should be either an EVS or OVS.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you you bind InputField "value" to contextAttribute of type "date", then calender control will be displayed next to the InputField. Otherwise it might be either EVS or OVS as pointed by Ayyapparaj.

Cheers,

~kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i'm new in WD. What is an OVS or EVS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

An how can i get info about that?

Regards,

MC

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for lingo!

EVS - Extended Value Selector - which display kind of popup window with two columns table.

OVS - Object Value Selector - Most flexible(requires more coding) that displays window with input filed and results into table below that. On selecting the row, you write to copy fields back to main application.

If you search with those names in SDN, you will get good documents

Answers (0)