cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCCMSR agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to monitor java components of SAP systems.

As I know the SAPCCMSR agent is responsible for this issueu2026

Does anyone know which MTE objects of an java system can I monitor?

Is there some document describing this issue?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

We monitor hundreds of J2EE's with CCMS over different clients.

This is the best book on J2EE monitoring I have come across http://www.books-by-isbn.com/1-59229/1592290612-Java-Monitoring-Infrastructure-in-Sap-Netweaver-04-1... even though it is out of date.

To me personally the best bits to Monitor of the J2EE engine are not all in CCMS so some must be bespoke / alternative. I see the following.

Web dispatcher logging turned on with response time saved.

GC run time

GC frequency

CPU

Paging

Security sessions

System threads

application threads

memory used

Using STATTRACE DSR records in ST03G

Checking the backend(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thom Heinemann ,

The CCMS monitors being available in a central monitoring system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 are not designed to display monitoring information of AS Java 7.1 systems.

Follow the OSS note

Note 1107033 - How to display Java monitoring data of NW7.1 in CCMS (NW7.0)

You have successfully registered a SAP NetWeaver 7.1 to your central monitoring system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

To create a rule based monitor in RZ20, follow the description being provided in SAPs Online Documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2d/83493b6b82e908e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

> Customize the Alert Monitor > Editing Monitors and Monitor Sets.

1. You create your own monitor set. (See also sub section "Creating and Editing Monitor Sets")

2. You create your own monitor (See also sub section "Creating and Changing Monitors"). Your monitor is rule based (See also sub section "Defining Monitors with the DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS/GET_MTE_BY_CLASS Rules"). Use the following parameters:

• R3System = <SID of SAP NetWeaver 7.1>

• MTEClass = JSF_ApplicationServer

3. Confirm the popup which states that the MTE class is unknown to your system.

4. Activate your monitor.

The newly created monitor displays all newly created performance counters of SAP NetWeaver 7.1 AS Java.

Cheers,

Praveen