cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with dropdownboxby index

Former Member
0 Kudos

using webservices data, i am retrieving one field data into dropdownbox and there i am selecting one item to insert into another webservice as input....

but i am unable to get the selected item. it is displaying in dropdownbox....

what is the method to access the current selection in the dropdownboxbyindex......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Check this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/25e08d4ba6c743b55f1d375637ba8d/content.htm

<i>The view context provides the content to be displayed in the dropdown list box and the selected index.

The view context must contain a context node X that can store any number of node elements (X.cardinality=0..n). Each node element represents an entry in the the dropdown list box.

The context node X contains a context attribute y that provides the texts for the list entries. The data type of the context attribute y can be any simple data type – for example, String, int, and so on. If the data type of the context attribute y is not of the type String, this type is converted into a String representation by the Web Dynpro Framework. <b>The selected value is specified by the lead selection of the node X</b>.

The texts property of the DropDownByIndex UI element is bound to the attribute y by assigning the path of the context X.y to the texts property.

</i>

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.