cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between SAP R/3 and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question. What kindoff relationship exists between an R/3 system and XI system. Is it 1:1 or 1:many.

Lets say i have a requirement where i have one r/3 system and 3 EAI system. I want to generate an idoc or rfc from a single r/3 which has to go through all the 3 EAI systems. Is it possible. If so how do i achieve it.

If not why is it so.

I was having a debate on this with my colleague at my work-place and i would like to hear from you all as to what your opinion is about this.

regards

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_beunings
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

it is no problem to implement an n:m relationship between systems. For example, you can have one R/3 sending an material master IDoc, configure in the receiver determination that this IDoc should go to 3 different receivers, than define for each receiver the interface as expected by the receiver (of course you will have to implement the payload mappings) and than choose three different adapters for sending the messages.

regards, frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

the question was not n:m for 2 business systems but 1 R/3 several EAIs.

For IDoc this would still be no problem, but for proxy communication it is. You can only specify one INtegration server per system and therefore can only send proxy calls to one XI. however this XI could be connected to other XIs (of partners for instance) and send data to this XI systems.

best regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I don't think there will be no Practical Business requirement that drives a "1 R/3: Many EAI" type of scenario.I don't know if it is technically possible though.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

You cannot send the same IDoc (ex: IDoc number 000012102121) to three receivers, this is due to the limitation of one receiver capability in the IDoc definition. If you look at IDoc communication structure it tells you that only one receiver partner is possible.

You know that to create 3 IDocs for same data.

regards

Shravan