cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access UME on our QS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently taken a copy of our dev system and created a qs system. However I am unable to access the B2B webshop. I get the following error message "Logon invalid; check your entries". I think this is something to do with permissions of the J2EE_admin logon.

When I try and access UME using J2EE_admin I get a java nullpointerexception error.

Does anybody know how I can configure/check the setup to see where the error is???

We are using NW 2004, CRM 5

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

What is your UME setup? Are you using Portal database, LDAP or ABAP as a datasource?

Cheers,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using ABAP as a datasource - funny thing is the permissions of the J2EE_admin account have the same permissions in dev and qual - so the permission issue could be a red herring! If i try and log onto the UME with another account - I get an error message about not having the correct authorisation...

can attach extracts from log files - if that helps

J2EE_admin already has the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN assigned

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

My first thought is to check the UME system definition, and my second thought is to check the service user used by UME (SAPJSF?) to make sure it has the right auths in the ABAP system - SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION or SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO.

Cheers,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO is defined with the same permissions in both systems - so I dont think this is the problem - however I am not sure how to check the UME system definition - it could be that this is point to the wrong system...

do you know where I could check this or point me in the direction of a sap note?

Cheers

Paul

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I wondered if it might be pointing to the copied-from system.

To check this, log into the portal as a super_admin or system_admin, then go to System Administration / System Configuration / UME Configuration, then select the ABAP System tab.

If you can't get into the Portal at all, let me know and I'll tell you how to do the same in Visual Admin or Configtool.

Cheers,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will need to do this via the admin tool or config - would appreciate it if you could tell me how to do this.

Regards

Paul

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Configtool is probably best, since you don't need to authenticate to use it.

Run configtool and then go to cluster-data / Global server configuration / services / com.sap.security.core.ume.service. Scroll down the list of properties until you get to ume.r3.connection.master.* and then set/check the relevant property settings for the connection to your back-end ABAP system.

Once you have made the changes and applied them, you will need to restart your J2EE server for them to take effect.

Best of luck,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think we have made a little more progress. I dont get the nullpointexception now - but after entering the username and password to access UME the screen stays white and the Java Server seems to crash and restart (taking its usual 10 mins to restart)

why are things never simple

Paul

0 Kudos

Assign SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role to J2EE_ADMIN user id, It will reslove the issue.

Chandra