cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase CHECK_REQUIREMENTS:- Error while applying support packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While applying the basis support package I am getting the following error. I have read the note also but could not understand what to do. Please suggest.

Just for information, there is BW system connected to this ECC 6.0 (The system in which I am applying the support packs). The BW system si down currently.

Phase CHECK_REQUIREMENTS: Explanation of Errors

Open Data Extraction Requests

The system has found a number of open data extraction requests. These should be processed before starting the object import process, as changes to DDIC structures could prevent data extraction requests from being read after the import, thus causing them to terminate. You can

find more information about this problem in SAP Note 328181.

Call the Customizing Cockpit data extraction transaction and process all open extraction requests.

Regards,

Jitender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come across this a couple of times where RFC based extractions from ECC to BW have stalled. Review the note mentioned and see how old these extractions are and see if the data still needs to be moved from one system to another. If they are very old, then it is likely they are not needed and can be deleted (allowing you to continue applying the patch).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply

1) How to check "how old the extraction are" as in the T-code LBWE, it does not show the details.

2) If there are old, how to delete them. Or there is an option in the "Check requirement phase" -->Skip error ( But its a serious warning). Should i do that.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note in addition to the one that Juan mentioned above should be the most useful:

[Data extraction orders block the upgrade process|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1081287]

You will have to run SMQ1 and restart any stalled extractions from there.

~ Joe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI jitender dugar,

The system has found a number of open data extraction requests means that in your system there are some transport request are in open state. If the requests are opened then SP will not continue until TR get released.

Release the TR's and then continue the appling patches.

You can see opened object in table TLOCK.

2. Check if any table spaces get up to >90%. If yes add table spaces before apply patches.

Thanks,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

1) I can see number of open objects. But how to check which transports needs to be released.

2) The sapdata space in my system is almost full. But I dont think, this problem is related to that as i can see in the note mentioned.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means that you haven't fulfill the requirements necesary to go ahead with this patch...

Read the note above, also read Note 1083709 - Error when you import Support Packages

Regards

Juan