cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese character overlap in PDF file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

I am working on the issue on Chinese character overlap in PDF file.

There is smartform which is being used to generate ePaySlip(Comes in email) in PDF file format which contains Chinese and English both characters.

Now the issue is that at the bottom of the ePaySlip there is a Remark section which is maintained in Chinese and English both. However, the English sentences are proper withour any problem whereas the same thing in Chinese is showing as distorted/overlapped in few words.

Can anyone suggest what could be the cause and suggest some solution.

As when I checked in smartform those characters are hard coded and Chinese characters are shown as ###.

Please response, I would be really grateful.

Thanks & Regards,

Mini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we had same problems but with russian language. try to change the font to standart adobe's one such as myriad pro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason for the Chinese character overlap in pdf file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that by default we can use only some fonts (Adobe Type 1 as i remember). If You want to use some "extra" ones, You must install them into the system manually. I suggest You to read this material http://www.sapbasis.ru/articles/sap2pdf/ - (firstly translate it from russian, for example via google tools)

Good luck!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there a different things to know.

I produce sapscript forms with cinese and english characters for frontend / backend and archiv printing.

Please check:

Editor displays ###: You have to install the chinese language in your e.g. windows-system to display them.

Script: You have to chose the the font family "CNSONG" (customized for chinese simplified and LATIN).

Transaction I18N: May you have to set correct subfonts for the unicode areas (Cascading fonts, Standard is Courier).

You can print in different ways:

For archiv/PDF: Install the unicode truetype font with chinese characters for the pdf-converter.

For Frontend: Use the Frontendprinter SAPWIN or SAPWIN*CF (Cascading Font) to send it to the gui (note: SAPLPD does not support it, use the newer technology.....)

Backend printing: POSTSCRIPT is not yet implemented :-((

PLease note: What you see in spool / print preview is a simulation of the possible print, but backend print is not frontend preview!!!!

Regards,

Christian

suresh_kumar53
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is this issue solved? I am also having the same issue, overlapping of chinese characters while converting spool to pdf. Please share how this issue fixed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP 141343. PDF Conversion: Latin-2.

SAP 141901. Customer-specific fonts for PDF conversion.

SAP 163266. PDF conversion: character set for softfonts.

SAP 171698. SAPconnect: Formats, conversion, device type.

SAP 317851. Creating PDF format via spooler in 4.6C/4.6B/4.5B.

SAP 322998. PDF conversion: Cyrillic support.

SAP 323736. Restrictions with "PDF print" through spooler.

SAP 398357. PDF converter: Width of letters is incorrect.

SAP 414325. SAPconnect: Conversion of ALI to PDF.

SAP 504952. Composite note spool and print.

Find these notes, there You'll find some answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Andrey.these SAP notes are really helpful.

I am working on it to find the exact solution.