cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence expiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our production server procurement is getting delayed. Hence we have made arrangements for a temporary landscape for production till we get the final production servers. We have installed the SAP application in the temporary production system.

Now if I renew the licence of this installation, will SAP allow renewal of the licence once again when I get the final production server and do a fresh installation?

We know that in development system, there is no such bar and SAP allows renewal of the licence multiple times. We just want to confirm if there will be any check since this will be production system.

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes ofcourse there is a bar. Under same installation number, if you have another production server, it will be added cost to your company.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

Once I have the new Production server, I will be decommissioning the temp production server and switching over to the new one. So there will not be two production servers under the same installation.

Will SAP bar renewal of licence in such case?

Regards

Sriram

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't understand your question... you build a new production server that is not been used as production... so what the point?... in that case just don't set the status of the system to production and you'll be fine.

You need to decomission or change the status of your system before the prodution one goes live...

Regards

Juan