cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Version PDF in Web Dynpro ABAP Developements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

But when we push the print button, it works but doesn't generate the pdf document correctly.

alvexport.pdf 1 bytes_ the size of the document isn't correct because there is not content inside.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

If your system is solman java then it is not possible to use WEB DYNPRO ALV print version functionality.

Please check SAP note -> 2640065

For any other issues related to Web Dynpro ALV print service. Please check below notes.

1413938 WD ABAP ALV - creating print version

1335403 Web Dynpro ALV print version: ADS limitations

1888795 WD ABAP ALV print version: Installation of AS Java Print Service

1882863 WD ABAP ALV - Troubleshooting for print version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put this direction to verify de ADS

http://maep7java.miquel.es/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

making a rpc test "works"

The test conection in sm59 ADS works

Also check to see if any of the sample AdobeForms WDA applications are working. <-- where I can check this?

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> I put this direction to verify de ADS

>

> http://maep7java.miquel.es/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

>

> making a rpc test "works"

>

>

> The test conection in sm59 ADS works

>

>

> Also check to see if any of the sample AdobeForms WDA applications are working. <-- where I can check this?

>

>

> Thanks

The connection test in SM59 only does a basic PING to the web service endpoint. Often it will show OK, when in fact the ADS is not setup correctly. That is why there are some test applications that do more.

For proper testing of your setup see OSS Note 944221. But basically run the ABAP programs FP_PDF_TEST_00 and FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE. You can also try running the web dynpro components WDR_TEST_ADOBE and WDR_TEST_ADOBE_PDF_ONLY

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sounds like your connection to the Adobe Document Services (ADS) is not correct. I have seen this on an internal system, where the configuration in the IMG was setup, but the connection parameters in the SM59 where not specificed correctly. It doesn't produce an error message or short dump, just an empty PDF output. I would have your BASIS team re-check yoru ADS settings. Also check to see if any of the sample AdobeForms WDA applications are working.