0 Kudos

Hi all,

We can see the following side-bar at left of every message:

====================

User Name [LINK]

Questions: 15

Forum Points: 1921 [LINK]

====================

How about making "Question" entry as navigable link also?

This would allow authors to easily select own questions and close them.

VS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I agree and I added it to the requirements list.

Shouldn't be too complicated.

Even better would be to show how many of the questions are still open and behind the number is a link to only your open questions.

One problem though is performance. To have that information on every thread and with every SDNer needs quite some resources. To calculate it once a day is also not very good, because once you closed the question you want to see it reflected right away in the list.

Better suggestions welcomed, Mark.

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is a link that leads to your open questions, then maybe the number itself would not be that important. Don't calculate it on every page call, but maybe just implement a check that tells the user "you have open questions" or "no open questions".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maximilian,

Agreed -- it's nothing wrong if this statistics will be updated once / twice a week via batch process.

As an alternative: weekly mail digest with list of open questions.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We can possibly also just include it in the drop-down list at the top right of the page. "Show:"

It currently has All Threads, Threads with no replies, etc. Maybe we can add "All my questions" and "All my open questions".

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for tracking this issue.

Yesterday I try to close all my open messages (among of 1360+ posts). Well, SDN search is very inflexible for this task (searching for own questions):

1. When I enter my exact login ID it is always replaced with my name, and actually there is 2 Valery Silaev's on SDN -- the other ID was used also by me when I was in business trip.

2. The search criterea is very inconvinient. Heck, the rule for all my questions is trivial: <b>Subject line does not start with "RE:"</b>. So far I found no way to express this via SDN search ;(

Valery

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this moment you can also use 'Your control panel' on order to have an overview of your open questions.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Cannot see any specific in "Your control panel"...

I didn't add individual whatches for my own questions -- probably this is what you mean?

VS

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valery,

Indeed. That's what I meant. It works (sometimes a bit slow) for me. I don't know what it gives for a huge collection though.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

that is a good suggestion . Those who forget to close their threads can easilly do so in one step

Regards

Rohit