cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not displayed in loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am new to SMARTFORMS and trying to build a simple form as a starter.

In main window i wanted to display the attributes of internal table.

So , i declared an internal table in -> Form Interface->Tables ITAB type Table type of my ztable.

Global definitions i declared a work area(wa) which is of same structure of above mentioned Ztable.

In main window i created a Loop, in that in Operand, i gave ITAB into wa.

i created a text and in that editor i wrote..

&wa-field1& &wa-field2&..

when i activate and execute, smart form is generating a FM, and there i am manually giving data for the interface table ITAB, but i am not able to see the input data and instead i am seeing the text like &wa-field1& &wa-field2& in print preview.

what could be the problem?

I know my query would be v trivial but still i am not able to proceed..

Appreciate and reward your help.

thanks,

Simha

Edited by: Simha on Jun 10, 2008 11:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check if you have write the text correctly, u make sure to have to write &WA-FIELD1& and not something like <(>&<)>WA_FIELD1&.

If you see &WA-FIELD1& in printpreview it means the smartform sees &WA-FIELD1& as text and not as variable.

Try to use the old type of editor

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

thanks for the update.

I have given the place holder correctly(&wa-field1&)..but still the smartform is considering it as text as you said.

why is it so?

how will i know whether the data that is input to the form interface table is being passed and is present in this loop?

i am using old abap editor on 4.7 EE

regards,

Simha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved:

Yes in text editor, i was giving &wa-field1& but it is treated as text only, i should have tried in editor->Go to->change editor , which gave me an editor with lines, there it appeared as Max said <&><...

i removed all those and gave only & and its fine..

its that i am unaware about this..

thanks max

regards,

Simha

Answers (0)