Cheers

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mullapudi,

In case for a particular job you have 1000 records which have to be processed and after you there is another user who have to process again those records, and assume that you have processed only 200 records by now, what you can do is send those 200 processed reocrds to next step so that the next user might not wait for you to complete all the 1000 records and then he takes time to complete 1000 again instead he will be getting 200 at a time, by doing so you can save time and divide the job in small parts.

Hope the explanation is clear...

Regards,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cherry,Jitesh

Thanks for your replies.

Jitesh:

According to scenario given by you (i.e Approver example) can be done using

branch step of workflow. Let me know where excatly branch step differs from splitting

jobs?

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mullapudi,

Branch step requires validations and depending upon the validations its going be splited into different jobs. But from my above example from 1000 records you can maually send any number of records(n) to next step and continue with the remaining records. See suppose you are chaning couple of fileds in those 1000 records obviously it will take some time, and the next user or process will be pending, you can then divide those 1000 recods in smalll batchs(50,100, 200) depending on the time you have and process them keep spiliting then sending them to next setp... Just in start step make chage to the field split job as Anyone and do it practically you will understand it very clearly.

Regards,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cherry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Splitting jobs functionality of MDM Workflows allows you to divide the jobs into more than one.

e.g. Say there are 4 records in the workflow you can select one or two records right click on them and go to workflows Split Into Job. This divides or splits the workflow into two. One workflow will have the set of records selected and splitted while another workflow will consists of remaining once.

Scenario:

There is an Approver who have to approve the set of records and say there are 10 records that Approver has to either Approve or Reject. So splitting jobs into two i.e. Records that seems of into one job for further processing and reamining records that are to be rejected can be blocked.

Note: Split command will be disabled for workflow having only one record in it.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja