cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project template: custom tab / field group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We set-up an additional custom tab for some object types (DPO, PPO, TTO...), thanks to the field group customizing.

However, it seems not possible to display these fields in the templates: DPT, PPT, TTT. The field groups are defined per project type, so why don't we see these fields in the templates when we select a project type? The more strange is that we see the tabs, but not the fields...

Does anyone have an idea to perform this?

Thank you.

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the field control again, and everything is set up correctly, as for the operational project elements.

Does someone have any clue about this?

Thank you very much.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP just delivered an OSS note to correct this: 1285106

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

If you can see the tabs and not the fields, pl check if you have covered field control for these newly created custom fields.

To have field control for these fields, you will have to copy the standard SAP provided field control, include the structure that has you custom fields and give it authorizations etc as per your requirement.

Pl read carefully the documentation provided with field control.

Regards,

Reema.

Edited by: Reema Shahbazkar on Jun 11, 2008 7:42 PM

Refer note 947963 - Setting up field control

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field control is already customized (for both projects and templates), and I see the fields for projects, but not project templates!

However, do you confirm it's possible to have this also in templates? I saw a few time ago that everything was not possible in templates.

BR

Matthias

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't confirmed anything about templates. Your question stated "The more strange is that we see the tabs, but not the fields..." and I have replied just to that.

Reema